Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am a new owner, and this is my first time posting here. I think this forum is very helpful. I bought the MO in sheer silver in SE model. I like it a lot especially the car come with the hid. I didn't purchase any package for the car, so i might need your help on upgrading parts in the future. My project will consist of buying a charcoal retractable cargo cover, add a sub woofer, install a Nav/DVD unit in the lcd screen, and purchase an aluminum roof rail. If anyone can give me a hand, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Ken

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
bimmer96 said:
Hi everyone,

My project will consist of buying a charcoal retractable cargo cover, add a sub woofer, install a Nav/DVD unit in the lcd screen, and purchase an aluminum roof rail. If anyone can give me a hand, that would be great. Thanks a lot.

Ken
Ken,

Welcome.

First off, save your money on the cargo cover. I used mine exactly twice, it is in the way when not in use and makes noise while driving. I use a black cloth that I bought in the clearance fabric bin at Walmart (2 yards). Noiseless and excellent at hiding your stuff. Besides, if you ever need a blanket, or have to change a tire in the mud, way better than a cargo blind.

There is a current thread going on where a member is installing a factory NAV into a non NAV Murano. I don't think he's got it online yet, but I'll bet he will eventually. I use a portable Magellan 750M, I uploaded just a few photos in my gallery. I love it.

Good luck with your subwoofer and rack install, and again, welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your ride!
:runaway:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Welcome and Congrats.

I installed an added amp to just run the existing Bose subwoffer. It's such an improvement that i don't plan on any other mods to the sound system. If you don't have the bose system disregard.

Putting a LCD NAV system in place of the Non Nav electroluminescent display is such a big deal I traded MO's.

Black Roof rails are available form the dealer. Aluminum colored requires the use of electroplate onto plastic, available on the web.
Hers:

http://www.chromemyplastic.com/

Good Luck on the new MO. :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome aboard. I found the cargo cover has some + and -. I took it out because every time I put something back there it seems like the cover got in the way but to each his own. I'm sure you'll love the Mo though.:cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats and Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow.... Thanks a lot for your warm and beloving welcome. When i first browsed around the forum, I didn't see a lot of people participate. But after seeing the replies from today, I have changed my perception. It is a great forum to hang around with. Also, thanks for GripperDon links and MVTCFP for your advise. I will do some seach on them. I am more concern about the Nav/DVD system in the dash. I have looked at the aftermarket product, but then the aftermarket can't be use along with the stereo system and the steering wheel controller. Any advise, anyone??? Thanks again

Ken

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Do a Google on PAC's Products. Lots of actionhere on this forum. Search it also. You will get lots of info on this approx. $80 unit.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Ken, where are you located?

I've got a cargo cover that came with my Murano that's never been used. It's in the rafters up in the garage somewhere. I have the 2003 SE with Charcoal interior.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi dklanecky1,

I have replied to your email, please check your email. I am indeed very interested in your cargo cover, and charcoal is great for my car since i have a charcoal interior too. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome Ken!

it's actually quite a busy forum!

Enjoy the Ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts