Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of 10:30pm last night, my wife and I are the proud new owners of an '05 "MO" - as you all call it. She really wanted the Merlot color (I liked the platinum and black) and since it was for her, she won. Anyway, we got the SE Touring and couldn't be happier.

When we got the "MO" into the garage we noticed the horrible burning smell which, as we soon learned by browsing this website, was a normal thing. Gotta love the internet.

When my wife woke up this morning she went out and sat in her new baby. I can't wait to get past the break-in period.

Here are my first questions for the nissanmurano.org crowd: Is there an aftermarket source for the accessories? We didn't get the roof-rack crossbars but want to throw on a Yakima snowboard mount. We also decided we should get a cargo net so groceries don't slide all over the place. I can't justify a $100+ OEM cargo net (I'm guessing on that price). I was also thinking I'd like a more aggressive front grill. This one is kinda, well, blah. Looks like they used too much plastic.

Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
There should be a cargo net in one the cubicles in the rear next to the spare tire.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
C ongratulations
O n
N ewly
G etting
A
T errific
S exy

MURANO

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Congratulations on the new Murano. If your cargo net is not stored in one of the trunk cubbies, complain to your dealer. Every Murano should come with one I believe. If the dealer says no it doesn't, go to another new Murano on the lot and check the trunk cubbies - the net will be there and the dealer will be caught red handed in a lie!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats and Welcome! I love the Merlot Color.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good luck I have a 05SE

All the toys are Great

GO MO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I'll go check it out.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The rear cargo net is included in your SE Touring Package.

Does that mean no Touring Package...no net? I have not found mine yet but I have not poked around too much by the spare. Anyway, I don't have the package and guess after owning the MO for 14 months I would have found it by now.:eek:

Good luck Seattle MO. Can we call you SEA-MO?
Bob1

·
Registered
631 Posts
My cargo net was in the storage area to the left of the spare.

If you're getting a Yakima snowboard mount, the MightyMounts 9V fit the factory crossrails perfectly, so you can add the crossrails from an OEM Nissan parts dealer. Otherwise, you can use the Yakima LowRider system that attaches to the factory rails.

·
Registered
424 Posts
bob1 said:

Does that mean no Touring Package...no net?
The net is included in other packages as well. If you have a base model, then the net is not included.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the '05 Merlot club, neighbor! (Well, out here in Montana, anything in the Northwest is a "neighbor"..)

And consider the cargo compartment as an add-on from the dealer. It's great for keeping bags of groceries from sliding around in the back. ~$125 And it folds down when not in use.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got the cargo organizer,hard plastic collapsible,great for groceries and other loose stuff.This one does cost $100.00.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts