Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2005 Murano S tonight. I traded in a 2000 Mercedes ML 320. My two priorities are safety and my dog crates fitting in the back with the back seat up. The Murano fit both criteria and definitely has more style than most SUVs. I almost bought a Honda CRV and so glad I changed my mind. It just felt too cheap and I couldn't get excited about owning one. After driving MBs for the last 7 years I am pleasantly surprised by the Murano, not to mention relieved to get away from the outrageous price to keep a MB running.

I bought it from CarMax w/just 4K miles and never titled to anyone else. I got a great price, but they are less than knowledgable about the car so of course I have questions. I have read through many of the forums and learned a ton from everyone.

I will be buying the rear bumper rubber guard so my dogs don't scratch up the back while getting in.

1. It didn't come with a keyless entry. Isn't that a standard option for the S? If so, can I just buy a replacement remote? I don't think I need to have a whole new "alarm" system installed.

2. Is there a way to shut off the light that is in the middle under the dash that lights up the shelf below the A/C control? If not, I will just pull the bulb out.

Thanks for any help.

Rachel King

·
Registered
828 Posts
I wanted the same room to put in a couple of dog crates.

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
I also made a barrier out of PVC pipes:

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
mocharoman said:
It didn't come with a keyless entry. Isn't that a standard option for the S? If so, can I just buy a replacement remote? I don't think I need to have a whole new "alarm" system installed.
Here a link to the standard features for the "S" model . . . Standard features

It lists "remote keyless entry via key fob". Don't know about 2005's but I got two remotes with my 2003.

Also, you have the vehicle immobilizer system, but you may not have the alarm. It is not standard on all models.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
mocharoman said:
I just bought my 2005 Murano S tonight. I traded in a 2000 Mercedes ML 320. My two priorities are safety and my dog crates fitting in the back with the back seat up. The Murano fit both criteria and definitely has more style than most SUVs. I almost bought a Honda CRV and so glad I changed my mind. It just felt too cheap and I couldn't get excited about owning one. After driving MBs for the last 7 years I am pleasantly surprised by the Murano, not to mention relieved to get away from the outrageous price to keep a MB running.

I bought it from CarMax w/just 4K miles and never titled to anyone else. I got a great price, but they are less than knowledgable about the car so of course I have questions. I have read through many of the forums and learned a ton from everyone.

I will be buying the rear bumper rubber guard so my dogs don't scratch up the back while getting in.

1. It didn't come with a keyless entry. Isn't that a standard option for the S? If so, can I just buy a replacement remote? I don't think I need to have a whole new "alarm" system installed.

2. Is there a way to shut off the light that is in the middle under the dash that lights up the shelf below the A/C control? If not, I will just pull the bulb out.

Thanks for any help.

Rachel King
Yes you should be able to buy a replacement control at the Nissan dealer and have them program it for your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts