Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'd like to say hi. I just purchsed my Murano on Saturday. I got a great deal and I really like the vehicle so far. I traded in my Audi A6 wagon. I will miss it dearly, but I think the Murano is a nice substitute.

When I took delivery of it it did not have floor mats. I took it back yesterday to get them and they gave me some that look a little cheesy. They don't say Murano, Nissan, or anything on them. The quality is marginal and I am curious if they gave me the right ones. My purchase price included $80 for floormats- as per the sticker- and these just don't look like an $80 product. I have the SL Premium package with beige leather and a slightly darker carpeting. Thanks in advance for any help.

2004 SL Leather HID Bose $80 floor mats

·
Registered
545 Posts
The floor mats have no lettering on them at all.

They should have 2 holes in them, closest to the seats, where there should be a hook run thru them that holds them in place. That's the best way to tell if they were meant for the MO.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Look underneath your floormats, on the rubber side. They should say Nissan with the Nissan "hamburger" emblem on it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I believe the tabs that elliotgb refers to are only on the drivers side, ....and yes the carpet is slightly darker than the mats.

The colour made me question if I had received the correct mats, but on checking a couple of other MOs on the lot, it was clear that I had.

Actually I thought the quality was good, but then I was comparing to the mats in the Durango that I had just parted company with!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get some high quality ALL Weather mats and lay them on top of the factory mats. They are much easier to clean and will keep your new MO looking....new.
Bob1

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I picked up a set of genuine Nissan rubber floor mats (helpful in winter) from my dealer for $55, after a bit of haggling. Sold my original set of mats on Ebay for $50.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Speaking of rubber mats - what do folks recommend? With a Cafe Latte interior, I'm not so sure the Nissan rubber (in black) will look so great. What aftermarket brand fits best - weathertech? husky? Anyone got pictures?

Thanks

·
4,601 Posts
I remember the weathertech aren't too bad, but nothing tops the Nissan ones for fit. They're big mats and there's not much out there that can cover the Murano's floor well.

It's a shame they're only in charcoal...

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have the weathertech in the Latte color...They are actually a very good fit....

·
4,601 Posts
Maybe you can refresh my mind... I seem to remember there was about a half inch gap on the Weathertech, around the edge, which really is excellent. The Murano mats go just that little bit further, which probably isn't a big deal, when you're talking a black mat in a light interior!

I'd probably go for the WT's just 'cause the black would be bit much on the Latte..

·
Registered
37 Posts
What I like to do for the winter time.(I live in upstate N.Y.). I go to a carpet place and buy carpet and cut it my self, this way I cover all the carpets in front and back, and it saves wear and tear on the OEM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts