Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 SL AWD all black, extra tint on front side windows, got it in Nov and have 9,000km on it, no problems and lots of fun, can hardly wait to drive it in summer
now for the dumb questions, -- none of the cds i play show any more info than disc and track number, do the cds have to be specially encoded to get more info, like artist and song title? I have new and old cds
and re the radio, some stations list the call numbers and name, but no other info. I rented a GM with onstar last year and it had all sorts of info, weather, news, sports etc. Does Nissan have the same set up,and if so, is there any programing needed.
live in toronto, dont know if Canadian makes a difference
overall really enjoy the MO. I had an 89 Pathfinder, new, that finally gave up after 365,000 km, so had to get another Nissan. Hope the MO lasts as long
Not entirely thrilled with the gas mileage, yet, but i do a lot of city driving and haven't driven it in summer yet, so hope that improves
bucear

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not sure about CD's...but for the radio, the information that is displayed is a function of the radio stations, and what they elect to broadcast. Around here, some stations don't broadcast anything, so all I see is the station number. Others have the call letters, and others broadcast song info.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some CD's come equipped with "CD Text" that contain information such as artist, album, and song title. Your CD's have to have this feature in order to get all that info to display on your screen. Obviously, not all CD's have it, especially older ones.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I'm not sure if it is the same on the MOs without NAV, but CDs with "CD Text" encoding don't display the disc and track titles automatically, you have to push in the right stereo knob to cycle through to where you have the option to display CD Track, Disc Title, or Track Title. Turn that on, insert your CDs and you'll find out whether or not the discs are equipped. I bought a lot of CDs when I owned the MO and 1 out of every 20 was equipped. It just hasn't caught on.

EDIT: BTW....WELCOME! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
CD text

On the CD text issue... For those of you that burn copies for the auto, I have found that if you use NERO to burn the CD, you can check a box to have NERO look up the track info and burn it on the copy so it will display on the RDS in the MO. I'm guessing that other CD burining programs will do this, but not all do from what I have found.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just downloaded the previously touted Nero software. I got Nero 6 Demo and it encodes all the track title for MO to read. You can edit tites and disc info with ease.

Problem solved.

·
4,601 Posts
The RDS implementation in the Murano is not complete and will not show you everything other RDS receivers will show. I did some testing with an RDS capable generator.

The CD Text function depends on the CD's having it, or it being burned as mentioned above. Not many CD's have it! Sometimes the CD changer will slip a bit on the disk as you load or unload it, so it can mark your CD. So I don't load original disks anymore, I make copies, and when I do that, I turn on the CD text.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I believe if you check the Himat option in Windows Media player 10, it will also encode the titles. I haven't tried it yet so I could be completely wrong. But I know you can alter/author track tags in WMP10. Since XP/MP10 burns natively, why use Nero?
When folks at work have trouble burning, it is usually not understanding a 3rd party burning app. I ditch it and show them XP native, they always catch on, no matter how computer illiterate they are.
I know what songs are on what tracks, so the title info showing up on the screen is moot to me.

Now if it could play MP3s......oh dear, I would certainly have to have titles as you could put a bazillion tracks on one CD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts