Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just got a new 2004 Murano SE, Super Black with Cafe Leather. We have had it since Saturday and so far we love it! She is the primary driver as I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima SE. I have had two prior Nissan's, a 1997 Sentra and a 1999 Altima.

Anyway, I have a few questions. With my 2002 Maxima SE, the OEM tires were horrible in adverse weather, especially rain. I recently replaced them and have been amazed with the increase in handling. How are the tires on the 2004 Murano SE? I got about 35,000 miles on the Maxima before the tires needed to be replaced, how many miles can we expect to get out the Murano's tires? If anyone has upgraded their OEM tires, let me know what you put on instead.

Also, if anyone has had the smoker's package installed, I would like to know how much your dealer charged to install it.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Hi Ryan, and welcome aboard! Congrats on your purchase. I think you'll find plenty of Nissan enthusiasts and multi-car owners in here. I traded in an '01 Xterra for the Murano. There are also plenty of discussions to be found around here regarding tires. Just type it into the search box. I'm at 37k miles and while the treads look good, I've been losing grip for three or more months now. Depending on your (well, your wife's) driving habits, I would say to expect about the same, if not a little more (I really push it pretty much all the time).

I was totally impressed by the car's performance in snow and ice last winter, but that was a function of the rubber, the AWD and VDC combined. As I said, I've been sliding a little more each day, and I'm planning to go with Kumho Ecsta STX 265/60-18's before winter comes. Welcome to the neighborhood again, and best of luck for years to come.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey Ryan!

Welcome. Good choice in colors and trim level!

Jim C.
04 SE black/cafe leather
loaded sans sat/chrome wheels

1 - 3 of 3 Posts