Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my new 2006 Murano, SL AWD...loving it!! I must confess, it's hard to drive it in the rain, as I don't want to lose that shine, even for a minute! :) I'll get over it, but it is quite a sight to look at.

Did anyone see the Murano featured so prominently on the Dead Zone this past week?? I couldn't believe how much it was in there...just made me all the happier!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Congrats

:D
Like the jaakster used to say, that smile will never wear off.
Welcome to the club!
;)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mderrick15 said:
Did anyone see the Murano featured so prominently on the Dead Zone this past week?? I couldn't believe how much it was in there...just made me all the happier!
No I didn't. A couple people have said the MO is on somewhere and I'm always too late. Mostly though I don't know what channel it's on :D.

Have any mods planned?

Grats and welcome. :roadtrip:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I initially had buyer's remorse about not getting the nav option, and wanted to see if there was a way to get an OEM version after the fact. But looking through the postings, I think it's just better to go with an aftermarket version. I'm looking at either the TomTom Go 510 or 700. Any thoughts on those or other options?

Also, are there any additional add-ons/mods that I have to consider? I was thinking of the clear bras that several other people have mentioned?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mderrick15-

Congrats on your new car!!

I did not see the Dead Zone program, however I recall seeing the MO in an episode of HBO's Entourage last year.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mderrick15 said:
I initially had buyer's remorse about not getting the nav option, and wanted to see if there was a way to get an OEM version after the fact. But looking through the postings, I think it's just better to go with an aftermarket version. I'm looking at either the TomTom Go 510 or 700. Any thoughts on those or other options?

Also, are there any additional add-ons/mods that I have to consider? I was thinking of the clear bras that several other people have mentioned?
I'm not familiar with the newer aftermarket GPS products maybe others here are. I have the older Magellan and Garmin handhelds. But yeah your on the right track there, look at aftermarket.

Clear bras are neat. I'm familiar with the 3M scotchcal product, there are others out there. To apply one yourself takes a lot of dexterity. If you have a professional installer around and they don't charge an arm and a leg you might consider that. Also bug shields or wind deflectors can help save the stone chips on the hood.

Mods come down to personal preference, not sure what yours are but performance mods are downright anorexic. There are ventvisors and weatherflectors that help with the summer heat. Theres also a wind deflector for the sunroof. Ipod and sat radio seem to be popular as well as speaker/amplifier upgrades. Lots of info here, sit back search around and enjoy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club! Start stocking up on Zaino or Klasse and you won't have to worry too much about the rain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts