Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wife bought a 1995 Dodge Neon brand new drove it for 11 years and sold it with 310K miles on it then she moved on to an 03 VW Jetta TDI we bought with 30K on it drove it for 11 years as well and sold it this spring with 280K on the clock, My pickups seem to be on a 10 year cycle, I just get tired and want something different about every 10 years or so and they usually have around 150K on them on average when I get rid of them. I have had so many vehicles over the years I forget about some already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm the kind of guy who buys something and keeps it forever and a day. My desk and dresser are from when I was 8, my last laptop was an old xp from 2002, and my cat is 19 years old! LOL

My first vehicle was a 1987 Chevy S-10 that I bought in 93 and put 500k miles on it until one day I woke up and it was gone! Still scratching my head on that one... in an area with corvettes and bmws and everything else, they took my old s-10!

Right now I'm driving a 2003 S-10 that I bought brand new and what makes it a keeper? It's paid off.. it goes from point A to point B... and it starts when I turn the key.

The only reason I'm upgrading is that i'm at a point in my life where I need to carry more than just 1 other person with me and little things like interior comfort, all around view monitor for help with parking and rear cross traffic warning, blind spot warning, and stuff like that are reasons to upgrade.

I'll probably keep the S-10, though family members want me to trade it in for a few k off the sticker of a new Murano.. but... we'll see. It's sometimes nice to have the flexibility of both.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My longest term vehicle was a 1992 Ford F-150 that I bought for $2500 in 2000 from a a guy that had stored it in a shed in a hazelnut orchard. Got it REAL cheap due to purely cosmetic condition and drove it another 200K.

During the 14 years I had it, I loaned it out indefinitely to my daughter and then my grandson; replaced tires, shocks, muffler, battery, brakes and a couple of engine sensors. When I sold it to a friend for $1000 it had about 300K on the clock.

Despite neglect and some pretty substantial abuse (by others), it was one of the best vehicles I have owned. It had a 300CID straight 6, 5-speed manual transmission.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The longest vehicle I've owned, and still do, is our 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Will be keeping this SUV until it stops running. It's presently has 85,000 Km on the odometer and other than normal maintenance we've only had to replace a battery, windshield wipers, and tires. Will be keeping this baby until she stops running.

A great vehicle for towing and running around in the deep snow.

·
Super Moderator
7,773 Posts
Right now I'm driving a 2008 BMW 328xi Sportwagon with 108K miles, and my wife has a 2009 BMW 328ix Coupe with 58K miles.

And we have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 with 180K miles, runs like a watch. It needs a PS pump, which will be easy to find used or rebuilt, and looks like less than a 2-hour job. We have had some other work done on it, but it's still a cheap investment in go-anywhere transportation.

·
Registered
289 Posts
1971 Dodge Challenger, that makes it 45 years, I think I will keep it a while longer.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Oh, did not consider my MO from Nov 2004, still have it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
1972 Chevelle (307ci, Yellow w/ Black SS stripes), that was back in 1989, kept it for about 9 years...Loved that thing

·
Registered
853 Posts
1992 Ford F-150. Still have it with 315,000 miles on the original engine. It has no monetary value, but works great. It would be throwing utility away to get rid of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The car I kept the longest I believe was my 1999 Grand Jeep Cherokee Limited. I had it for 10 years. It was a decent SUV but really drove like a truck, which I guess it was back in '99. But I loved the 4-wheel drive aspect of it. You can't beat the Jeeps for that. But as I've gotten much older, I prefer the SUVs of today, where they drive like a car.

·
Super Moderator
7,773 Posts
1958 Fiat Spyder, my high school graduation present in 1968. Drove it for a few years then it ended up on jackstands until about 2000, when I sold it to an Alfa Romeo collector in Denver. Total, about 32 years.

Fiat promo photo:

Second longest: my 1983 280ZX Turbo, which I bought in 1990 and still have. It's back on the road after a 4-year project. 26 years and counting.

My own photo:

·
Registered
16 Posts
A buddy of mine just sold his 1992 maxima with close to 300k on the thing. Still ran awesome and his bose speakers sounded not too shabby

21 - 40 of 59 Posts