Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My '72 Datsun, I've owned her for 11 years, but have only been able to drive her for 4 years. For daily driver cars, probably our Mitsubishi Montero sport. Between my wife driving it then myself, I think we had it for 5 years. We are terrible at holding on to cars.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Just got my 1983 280ZX back on the road a couple of months ago. Owned it since 1990. It's not my primary car, that's a 2008 BMW.

·
Registered
146 Posts
5 years is the average time we keep a vehicle with some longer and some shorter. Mostly depends on how well it has worked for us. Only 3 were new, others usually 4-5 years old with very low mileage when we got them. The shortest time (one week) was a 1992 Honda Civic sedan that I traded for an 89 Taurus SHO, straight across. The longest is more than 29 years (and counting) for my 88 Mustang LX 5.0 hatch.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,286 Posts
My 2009 LE Nissan Murano. Traded it in, 9 years to the day of purchase! (April 1st) Was planning for only 8 as that was the length of my extended warranty, but decided to wait for Apple CarPlay and got the bonus of Midnight Edition being offered mid year. Picked up my 2017.5 Midnight Edition on the same day of trade in. Take care!

Jim

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
I'm now at 27 years with my 1983 Datsun 280ZX turbo. It's metallic brown & gold, no longer a daily driver, but it turns heads.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee I kept for 9 years, just because I liked it, not because it was reliable.

My 2010 Cadillac CTS was a close second at 8 years. Traded it in last week for the Murano. It was reliable. Tire repairs and a battery at 5 years, was all it ever needed. Was due for tires (yes had factory tires on it at 120,000 KM) , brakes, and had a hint of rust in a wheel well, so it was time.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee I kept for 9 years, just because I liked it, not because it was reliable.

My 2010 Cadillac CTS was a close second at 8 years. Traded it in last week for the Murano. It was reliable. Tire repairs and a battery at 5 years, was all it ever needed. Was due for tires (yes had factory tires on it at 120,000 KM) , brakes, and had a hint of rust in a wheel well, so it was time.

I’m surprised to hear of rust with no issues other than tires and a battery. That’s depressing. That car is just broken in and already rusting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m surprised to hear of rust with no issues other than tires and a battery. That’s depressing. That car is just broken in and already rusting.
It was just a hint of rust, but still, I have zero tolerance for rust. Couple reasons for the rust. That corner had been damaged and re-painted, and for the last couple of years our city has started spraying a potassium chloride solution to de-ice the roads in the winter. My garage floor is deteriorating rapidly just from the stuff that falls off of the cars.

·
The Phone Booth Fanatic
1,286 Posts
For a DD, my 2009 LE Murano - 9 years to the day! Loved that car, but we're a one-car family and wanted something newer.

For a GQ, my 1973 Triump Stag - 11 years. Bought it used and sold it with only 19K miles on it for the down payment on my house. French blue with black interior and a V8. It sure turned heads with the top down, but with the typical quality of British cars at that time, and aluminum heads that were prone to warping, I hardly ever drove it.

We got married the same summer as Diana and Charles (1981) and ended up riding from the church, sitting in the back of a Triump Stag, just as they did.

Took me two years to sell, but a $50 ad in Road and Track magazine at the time finally did the trick.

Take care!

Jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
We keep our cars for about 9-10 years and we also hand them down to our kids. One is still driving our old '09 Camry. We've gone through 3 Camrys, a Previa, a Sienna and a very old Avalon.

·
Super Moderator
7,619 Posts
Wow. Great car and great legacy. Pics!
My wife and I have owned some semi-sensible cars in the 34 years we've been married, but we've always had at least one fun car. Currently she drives a 2009 BMW 328xi Coupe, and I mostly drive a 2008 BMW 328ix Sportwagon with a six-speed manual transmission. We also have the ZX and for Colorado winters, a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 185K miles. The Murano and its predecessor, a Chevy Blazer, were the most sensible cars we ever owned. I confess that I got bored with them.

1983 280ZX Turbo, owned since 1990. These are on Photobucket, but I understand they're letting links work again...

·
Registered
43 Posts
1968 Green Camaro Z/28, father built it for me and it was for me since the day I was born and I still have it. So that will be 28+ years, yet it need to be rebuilt due to inactive use for many years 10+. Just don't have the money on it yet. Mind you I'm 28.

Actively driving one for years would be a 2006 Ford Ranger, 06 until 2017 of after accidentally crashing it due to bad tire/road condition. That was my fault. But 11 years, only changed the brake on it once in 2017 out of the whole time of owning it brand new. Did the regular maintaince repairs, never had any problem.

Currently: 2010 Murano since aug 17, and 2012 Frontier since 2012. I do feel a bit weird hearing that the truck I bought from a 3rd party dealer (mixed brands carrier) was somehow altered in the weight or someone just replaced the sticker and the dealer made a sour deal in which I'll never go back but it was a first time for me dealing with a first bought vehicle - eh? lol.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
38 Participants
Weaverac
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing