Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!!!!!! I would swear I am having the same problem I had in my Spyder.
Has anyone noticed a tick sound coming from the front end? :confused:
It happens when I first start to accelerate or when I let off fast.

The Spyders problem was a Mits TSB & basically was the front axles needing greased and reset.
I'm at 16k miles & will be doing a oil change soon, so I will definitely have it looked at.

As well as my other ticks on the windows & B pillar!
Even with these abundant ticks I must say I still really enjoy my MO. :cool:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I think I have this, but I first noticed it after I put on my nissan Brushguard. I still don't see how that could cause it but who knows. I notice mine mostly when I am pulling up to the ticket booths when I enter and leave work (when the wheel is close to a wall and the tick noise bounces off of it). It doesn't bug me one bit, and I'm with you, I still love this car.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snow I first noticed it in a parking garage where you can get the sound to bouce back.
No brush gaurd here, I'll post the dealers findings.

·
4,664 Posts
I've heard the disk brake pads make a tic, when you first brake in one direction, after braking in the other. e.g. I back out of the garage onto the street and hear a tic as I apply the brakes. Then again, when I come to the stop sign after, on my street.

I've always assumed it's just the pads shifting slightly, as it has that sound and they do "float". I have to have the windows down, to hear it. It doesn't concern me, but I wonder if that's what you're hearing...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the same ticking sound. I revved the motor up in park and nothing. I think it's either in the axles, or inside the CVT somewhere.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is the ticking originating from the pedal area or somwhere under the dash on the drivers side?

I just got my Murano and I have this problem but i think it's related to a switch on the brake lever. It's driving me freaking nuts.

Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Start...Tick...Stop...Tick...Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
I have heard a rare tick during fairly sharp turns and I always assumed it was my keys scraping the console beneath the ignition.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have noticed too, but it isn't coming from inside the car, it seems that it's coming from the front end of the car. It only happens when I brake or when I accelerate. I hope it's nothing to worry about. Keep us posted.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I posted this problem in another thread a few weeks ago, glad I'm not the only one.

As far as I can tell the noise (a kind of creaking sound) comes from under the front drivers side of the car. It's most obvious in heavy traffic when you stab the accelerator and the front of the car rises and falls. Much more pronounced with the window open so I'm sure its outside.

From time to time I also get a "tick tick tick" noise from the same area when driving like something is caught in the tire. It speeds up when I accelerate but then stops, starts slows down and is not constant. Checked tire, but it seems to be clean.

Could it be a bearing problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the stop start tick after my alternator was replaced (7000 miles) that seemed to go away. Now I notice a tick sound from the tires which i think is comming from the small stones that get stuck in the tire treads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i haven had this problem yet, but i'll keep an my eyes open and fingers crossed.

the noise i find annoying is the covers in the hatch. (the ones that cover the trunk area). when i go over bumps even small bumps on the road, the make lots of noise. anything i can do?

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
My mo is in the shop at the moment for it's first service, repair of a rust spot where they screwed up my headlight replacement and other bits and pieces.

I mentioned the clicking and creaking under acceleration and braking. They looked into it and told me it is fixed. The front end required lubing and "readjustment"

I will be picking it up on Monday, and I'll find out exactly what this arcane term means.

Probably $tealer speak for "we kicked it and now it works"

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
malaycobra - that's exactly what they said they did to my Spyder last year & it doesn't do the front " tick" anymore! :D
I assumed the lubed the front axle bearing & reset it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i had a similar problem, however, my ticking sped up when revving engine. took it in 5 seperate times till problem was solved. it had something to do with a vibration in the fuel rail. at first they thought it was the fuel pump, replaced it and noise still there. finally discovered this fuel rail problem, fixed it and have not heard noise since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same problem. However, I don't have to get on the brakes to hear the sound. All I have to do is let off the gas. And it's not just one click...more like 3 or 4 ever time i step on the gas or let off. Even if the car is already rolling. I took it in today and the dealer said they "tightened and lubed" the suspension and the sound was gone. But it is still there. I'm taking it in again tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Front Ticking

What's been the result of having this ticking / clicking looked at?

I see most of these posts are a couple of months old or better.
Any definative answers?
Sounds return after service or gone for good?

I have the same sound coming from my front end at low speeds when I accelerate and let off the gas.

I have less than 2,000 miles on my MO and this is the fourth "little thing" to happen in less than 2 months, and it's starting annoy the hell out of me. :3:

·
Registered
265 Posts
This subject again:p . I know my bad on my part. I finally got this fixed with the follow up visit after my seat was fixed. I just got the paperwork yesterday from my g/f's brother who works as Nissan Service Manager. From what little I recall from the write it involved lubing something up in the front. (why does that sound perverse?:22: ) I also finally had the clanging from the rear fixed..
Oh yeah now I remember why I couldn't post it last night. My harddrive is failing and had to go get a new one. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
The ticking problem started on my '04 on a trip from SE Virginia to Atlanta. Not engine RPM related, occured when going from foward to reverse or simply giving it some gas with the brake on.

Dealer in Atlanta was no help, just asked if the check engine light was on.

Took it to my dealer. They "re-torqued" all of the bolts on the left front. Sounds weird, but the ticking is gone.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've just noticed the problem over the last couple of days. Doesn't seem to be worsening. Hard one to dx on your own since you need to be UNDER the car while it is moving... not a good combination.

Will bring to dealer next week to see if they can fix it.

Best case scenario: Loose heat shield vibrating.

Worst case scenario: CVT belt frayed and individual fibers gradually breaking under load.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Mine is as well....

I will wait for my 7500.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts