Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just put these 20" ICE Metal rims with 275/45R20 tires on our MO last week. We actually found these rims on ebay from a guy in OH. He said he had a transmission failure on his MO and the tires only had 500 miles on them or so the story goes. In any case, they look great IMHO and I'm pleased with them. The MO gets lots more stares now the wheels are all blinged out.

The pics aren't the greatest but I haven't had time to really give the MO a good wash and wax so I didn't want to get too close up :)

I was a little hesitant to post the pics since I had a little problem with a shimmy at 50 mph or above. Took it in for alingnment and the problem went away. Just this morning I heard some clunking noise coming from the rear--turns out my husband had left the lug nuts from the OEM tires in a ziploc bag in the trunk compartment, they got loose and were rolling around making all those funky noises. It's a good thing that's all it was because i was almost ready to demand that the OEM tires be put back on.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rim close up

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And another shot

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Very nice. It's amazing what a nice set of custom wheels does to the look of a car. It really gives it an entirely different look. I just got my wife a set or 22's for her Murano and it is like night and day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good... congrats to both of you on the wheel upgrade... special props to dufunnel for joining those of us with 22's... don't seem to be too many (least not according to my poll from a little while back)...

I don't have any real issue with the style of the oem wheels... they're just too small... should be 20" instead of 18"... and way too skinny for the Mo... if anything I think most aftermarket wheels look better not so much because of the wheel itself, but because they tend to be wider than oem and thus give the Mo a more substantial, balanced base. If the oem wheels were 20" and say 9" wide, I'd probably still be riding on them... but instead I swapped them out before I even got a 1,000 miles on them...

dufunnel, just curious, which tires did you fit up on your rims?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nitto 420s 265/35R22

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. She likes chrome wheels better though. I've already started looking into lowering springs, but since there aren't any better shocks out yet, I'm holding off. Not sure how the stock suspension would work with lowered springs. Wouldn't want any rubbing on these new tires. OUCH.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those black wheels look pretty cool... but I agree with the chrome choice... looks sweet on the black Mo...

Like the tire choice as well... happy with my Nitto 555's... got about 20k miles on them and still look strong...

Would consider switching to the 420s for my next set just cause I like the way they look, but sizes aren't consistant between the two models... 555's are either 265/40 or 285/35 (mine) while the 420s are 265/35 or 285/45. The 265/35 is slighly smaller than mine, so not sure I want to do that, and the 285/45 is way too big...

If anything I might stay with the 555's and try the 265/40 size to go slightly bigger. That way I'll have been just on both sides of stock after two sets of tires... and thus basically even odometer-wise. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey since you all are playing around with wheel sizes do you have to have your speedo recalibrated or do you just run around w/the wrong display speed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Changing the wheel size itself doesn't necessarily affect the speedometer/odometer... it really depends on what tires you put on the wheels.

In my case, while I've increased the wheel diameter by 4", my overall diameter including tires is actually 0.18" smaller. So compared to the stock 235/65-18 tires, my 285/35-22 tires only go about 4 extra revs per mile.

From a speedometer perspective this means I'm off by barely 0.5%... so at highway speeds my speedometer is off by less than 0.5 mph. So I didn't worry about any adjustments.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes I see your point, I don't think I'd use such a low profile tire as the harshness of ride is increased by the lower profile. Do you not notice the difference since changing from stock?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I can't speak for everyone that has swapped out their wheels... but I at least have been very happy with the ride I get on my wheel/tire combo... Would describe it as comfortable, maybe occassionally as firm, but certainly wouldn't go so far as to call it harsh.

Comparing it to stock is a little tricky for me because I only put about 700 miles on the stock setup before swapping to the new setup... I have about 20k miles on that setup and as I said, I'm happy with the ride.

The only recollection I have of differences is thinking right after the change that the new setup seemed to grip the road much better... so felt better corning and such... but I think that is to be expected given the dramatic change in the footprint of the tire.

If you really don't want to go with such a low profile tire, then just don't go to 22's... got to 20's instead... but whatever you do get something wider than the stock wheel...

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is a noticeable difference, especially in the North where we get snow and the roads suffer because of it. With roads in poor shape, these wheels are fairly rough. Under normal conditions, though, the are firm, not rough. I drove 5000 miles before I swapped mine and I am happy with them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for the input-now to try and decide what looks best-way too many choices,and many look great!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
haddock said:
... but whatever you do get something wider than the stock wheel...

I was thinking about something a little wider, 255/60-18 to replace the stocks when they die.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts