Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I've spent the last week looking/reading all the posts re; Sat installations, etc... thanks for all the info...I just installed my Sirius unit today and activated tonight and I have one question, I have seen/read where one of the big pluses of Sirius was the fact that they had "long" displays vs the abbreviated displays on XM for Artist names/songs etc...However I am not getting any of this on my Nav screen...all I get is the channel displayed, no artist names etc...Is there anything else I should have set up on my unit ??? I ordered my (oem)unit from Grubbs and the installation went well (took about 2hrs due to rain on and off)....2005 MO SL AWD

P.S...Contacted my local dealership about installation etc and the quoted me a price of $800 !!! $380 for the tuner and $400 for labor !!! Told them to take a hike !!!! :3:

·
4,664 Posts
It's just so easy to miss in the manual! Took me a while to find it too, at first.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I don't know about Sirius but I have XM and if I press the audio button just once I get the extra information below the XM channel number. I have to do this just once after I turn on the radio as the setting is not persistant.

Jaak's post above will also you to choose what is displayed on the very first line instead of the default setting of channel number. Pressing the audio just once presents all music information below.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Gonzo,

How many characters does your XM display when showing artist or song name? I have a 2004 and it only shows 10 characters which means I often listen to "Eric Clapt" playing "Tears in H" ;-)

Thanks,
Ronpal

·
4,664 Posts
Unfortunately, for XM on Nissan/Infiniti, that's normal.

10 charact

Make short

Not enough

Most longr

Truncated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts