Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
Sorry guys the current tire size is 245/35z/r20 and there toyo n7000 i believe... I think i should get 295/40/r20?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I'm not going to spend the time to look up the diameters on those but I personally would be very motivated to get rid of 35-series tires, selling them and getting into some tires that are at least a 50-series profile. Those would be much safer around road hazards and IMO they fit in with the purpose and character of the car. A Murano is not a pocket rocket or rice racer.

Personal statement: I am not a fan of running any profile lower than a 50-series sidewall on any car except one that's a "special purpose" vehicle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
New set if rims..what you think?

PILGRIM...i definately will look into the 50 profile since you have much better knowledge then myself...should i sell my oem rims and tires?

·
Registered
81 Posts

I love it...smooth drive..but i feel the tires hugging the road which in love and i also feel that my MO way lighter!

That's great. I just imagined going up in rim size could potentially compromise the ride. I might end up switching to fx35 20" rims if I can find some for a good price.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
PILGRIM...i definately will look into the 50 profile since you have much better knowledge then myself...should i sell my oem rims and tires?

You don't have to do anything right away, just be aware of your speedo error and don't climb any curbs. ;)

I don't know what your OEM rims and tires are - I don't believe you've mentioned them. I'd make sure you're happy with the 20's and whichever tire you choose before turning loose of whatever OEM stuff you have. At that point, you might be in good shape to sell the OEM stuff and recover at least part of your expenses. I'd also make darn sure that you know what kind of wheel those new ones are in case you ever need a replacement.

You're getting some good info here, but I'm not the only one contributing. Be aware that I'm an older member and generally take the practical side of a decision rather than the "bling" side. YMMV. I do note that you've had a couple of recommendations in the 50-55 ratios for sidewalls (I think BillARF was one, and he seems to know his cars).

My preference for staying with slightly higher sidewalls is based on a lot of forum surfing and reading. I've not gone lower then 55-series on anything I run, but I drive long trips and go into the Colorado mountains for skiing, so I want to get where I'm going and I'm not big on aftermarket mods.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I appreciate everyone's feed back... It helps me so much being that my MO is my first car ever actually owned! :) im so happy for choosing this as my cherry popper lol jk but as far as oem tires i have 235/65r18 michelin latitude tour hp ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1362455392.099035.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1362455404.941591.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
The rims are nice! Personally I would get a 265 for more traction and a more aggressive stance, just like the BMW X5. And put lowering springs on that MO. I hate it when people puts 20's or 22's and keeps the stock height. It just shows your ostentatious quality does not jive with true tunning concepts and lack of knowledge for tunner cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmm nice rims.. I like the design of the rims and they are looking like make only for your car.. you can say its a prefect match... Thanks for sharing the rims on first sight I was thinking that they are stock rims. Good one.

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
What brand do you guys think i should go with ? i know i want these sizes 265/45/20

Hankook
Nexen
Toyo
You can search the tire forum on this website, but you can also hit Tirerack.com and Discounttire.com and look at the tire reviews there. I think they'll help a lot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 265/50/20 more aggressive than the stock 18' I love the ride anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks, I use my 18' right now, here in our country it is Mandatory to use Winter Tires, I'm putting back my 20' starting on the Month of April.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Looking good with those new wheels and grille! :D

I'm not a personal fan of the bull bar but I think I would reconsider if I lived in NY.

·
Super Moderator
8,753 Posts
That bugged you, too, huh....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts