Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys...it's all done. I might get one more component for it, which is the Phoenix Gold Bass Cube. Since my box is tuned at 38hz and the MTX 801D doesn't have a subsonic filter, I think the Bass Cube is the best bet, let alone the ability it has to dial in up to 15db of bass boost at YOUR systems best sounding frequency.

Anyway, if you look at Part I, you'll see a chrome Stinger 1 Farad cap next to the MTX 801D. In these pics, you'll see an Alumapro 5 Farad Cap instead. (Lights were still dimming with the 1 farad cap) The 5 farad seems to help the system in terms of puchier bass and brighter highs as well. I'm sure its part of the sustained voltage levels now.

Subs: Dual 2-ohm voice coil Kicker CompVR
Front: Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" Component Set
Rear: Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" co-axial

Like I was saying before, if I want to, I can return this whole system back to stock because I DIDN'T CUT A SINGLE WIRE IN THE HARNESS. Pac-Audio makes an interface to use with a factory radio and it has 4-channel RCA outputs, along with independent level controls for each channel. It also has a ground loop isolator and allows for use of common ground systems with floating ground head units. To me, the sound quality is very nice; much better than I expected. Pics to follow...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Front Component Woofer, with Dynamat Extreme on the panel it is mounted on...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Nice setup, but haven't you essentially eliminated much of the usefulness of driving a Murano? Looks like the cargo space in the trunk has been reduced dramatically.

A quick question, can I use that 4 output adapter you have without adding an aftermarket sub or amp?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as the space issue goes, I really don't use it all that often. If need be, I can always remove the box for temporary periods of time. I bought the Murano because of how tall I am and how much room there is for the driver.

As far as the adapter goes, what would you use it for if you don't want to hook up an external amp?

·
Registered
4 Posts
audio

is th murano easy to take aprt for stereo installations ...im planning to do it to mine and im just worrying about the head unit im replacing it with and basically takin apart the doors and dash to install speakers....can u tell me how to take apart the doors and dash so ic an get to the speakers and if i can replace the factory head unit with an after market flip out tv...or just show me where to go to find out all about this stuff

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, as far as the head unit goes, you will not be able to replace it because it shares the same circuit board as the HVAC controls. Thats why I ended up using the PAC Audio OEM-1. To get to the tweeters, you have to pull the cloth cover off on the dash, along with the defroster vent at the same time. Its kinda tricky but if your patient, it will come off. For the doors, its basically a bunch of pop fasteners. There is a screw behind the door handle that you take off. Also, there is a screw on the bottom of the pull handle near the middle of the door. Once you pull this screw off, pry the window switch unit out and there will be two more screws under it. Take those off and there is one more behind the piece where the driver's seat memory is. Take that off and there is one screw there. I believe you should be able to pull the rest of the panel off. Once it's off all the way--two things. Disconnect the door light connector, and disconnect the two cables for the door handle that attach to the door panel. Kinda hard to explain how but you just use your hands and align the notches up and it pops right out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for your help but i have one more question..... is the head unit set up with the murano and othe nissans or infiniti for instance the g35, the same cuz there is a way for the head unit to be replaced but u will be sacrificing your dual temp controls and some othe stuff the board shares.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know of anybody who has actually replaced the HU in that location, but to me, you would have a useless screen, and no HVAC controls at all. What do you know about the Infinity model? I heard a company is trying to come out with a kit for it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
my friend has a 2004 infiniti g35 coupe full option except navi .he just bought a tv... he researched it and came across some people that replaced the HU with other head units. there display screen was workin and they have all controls, but there is one thing u can lose...its ur dual climate control but they said its easily fixed by soldering it to another place not sure where (he knows about more then i do) . there is also a kit they sell... the infiniti HU is much smaller than the murano so they cut out the center dash to the size of the head unit and replaced it that way.... im sure its the same process .. but i think its much easier than the g 35... theres a stereo shop here my other friend is sponsored by. we are good freinds and got his installer to see how much hell charg to do it...he said 200 for just the basic installation.. cutting out piece and then making dash and everythign else work.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please let me, or us, know if this is indeed possible. Something I would definately be interested in...

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I don't know about the Infiniti, but the Murano has ALL the climate controls on the same board as the HU.

·
4,664 Posts
All those controls look like this, from behind...

You can't separate them. Perhaps if another Nissan/Infiniti has separate controls, they might be compatible.

Seems like a lot of work....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Where do the dash board buttons connect? I can't tell if they are on the PCB in your picture or not. If they aren't, couldn't you just relocate that PCB and extend the wires for the climate control?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From the looks of it, the buttons are attached directly to the board. If you look at the plate of the radio, it looks fake to me. If they are indeed not attached, this is a good starting, point, but where would that big-A$$ board be hidden???:3: I'm really wanting an aftermarket HU in that location...

·
Registered
33 Posts
The don't really looked attached to me since I don't see enough places that look like buttons that would line up witht he nice big buttons that we actually touch. If someone will post instructions on removing the panel over the stereo, I'll start looking into it. I am dying to find a way to do a clean factory look install on mine with navigation. I'm too tall to fit with the sunroof, so I couldn't get a Murano with the factory Navi.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts