Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the forums here it appears that the best tire's are the Michelin All Terrain, where is the best place to get these?

I am in need of the rear wheel drive tires, I live in Grand Rapids MI, the prices seem high to get them here 177 a tire? Any info would be appreciated
My Mo is a 2003 if that helps. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jterrill-

Did you mean Cross-Terrain?

There are some who would argue that there are better tires than the Michelin Cross-Terrain for the MO. It all depends on your driving style, location, brand preference, available funds, etc.

Check out one of the online retailers like Tire Rack. They may offer a better deal.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as a follow up- thank you for correcting me on the tire, has been a long morning already... with that said I am looking for rain/snow tires due to living in West Michigan. I am new to the whole site/tire rack site etc. If I buy from them can I then get them installed at a local shop? And a final question does 177 a tire seem reasonable? That price includes being installed.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
$177 installed is a reasonable price.

Tirerack has a list of recommended local installers that you can have the tires directly shipped to. Its listed on their website, with address/phone/email info. The installer will call you when it comes in and schedule an appointment for you. However, I doubt you can get it cheaper than $177 installed per tire unless you took it some place like Costco.

One advantage of using a Tirerack recommended shop though is that these shops likely have experience with TPMS, and will not damage your sensors (if your MO has them).

The Cross-Terrain is a good all around tire for dry, wet, and light snow conditions.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
jterrill said:
After reading the forums here it appears that the best tire's are the Michelin All Terrain, where is the best place to get these?

I bought mine from THIS GUY he has raised his prices a bit since then, but his tires are as advertised.

That link is for 4 tires, but you can Email him and get just 2.

My local tire guy had no problems installing them, I think it's pretty routine for tire shops to install "outside" products.

BTW, I really like the looks and performance of these Michelins. I am really happy I went with them.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jterrill-

Personally, I have never purchased tires from an on-line retailer. I use their sites to get a "price point" on tires to determine if I am getting a decent deal.

Now having said that, TireRack lists the tires at $145 each. Shipping charges are $18.16 to Grand Rapids. That equates to $154.08 per tire. When you add $20 for mounting/balancing, $2 disposal fee, and $2.50 for the tire stem you get 178.58 per tire. That's pretty damn close to the all-inclusive price of $177 you were quoted. So it looks like you got a very good deal.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
njjoe said:
That equates to $154.08 per tire. When you add $20 for mounting/balancing, $2 disposal fee, and $2.50 for the tire stem you get 178.58 per tire.

That's pretty damn close to the all-inclusive price of $177 you were quoted. So it looks like you got a very good deal.
Agreed.

$177 done locally is good deal.

I was getting quotes in the $160 range for the Goodyears.

The cheapest I saw the Michelins locally was $207.

My Ebay deal with local installation worked out to $137 per tire.

As I said above, Mac raised his prices since then.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In case you are costco member, set of 4 Michelin CT with installation is $628 after $60 discount.

I am tempted to order it now even though my tires are still ok.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
dkfchan said:
In case you are costco member, set of 4 Michelin CT with installation is $628 after $60 discount.

I am tempted to order it now even though my tires are still ok.
Apparently there are some Costco locations that fillup your tires with nitrogen for free (as part of the tire package, for all the good it will do).

For those that don't know about the nitrogen controversy, do a search - many discussions on this forum about it already.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too have been very happy with my Michelins, MUCH better than the stock GYs. You can get the same tires through BJ's as well, but for around $190 per tire installed. I did the Tire rack thing and had BJ's install them for under $10 per tire which includes lifetime balancing and rotations for free (they also have a road hazard warranty but there was a little sign at the shop saying that would only be honored for tires bought at BJ's). I don't have TPMS so I wasn't particulary worried about the install (although I did have to return twice to get them to balance the tires properly).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, after some searching around and price watching, this Friday Discount is going to sell/install the Michelin Cross Terrain SUV Tires for 155 a tire, plus the cost of the warrenty... so about 750 out the door vs. 177 a tire plus warrenty on top. From the sounds of it the tire should not disapoint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts