Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I think that “when I now brake hard, she pulls to the right” it because of the bad wheel alignment. I had the same before I fixed it. Regarding the “ice feeling”; did you check the tire pressure recently? I use to put 36 in all the tires and that exactly what I had when cornering on 40+ MPH. I know you said that this is not the tire pressure, but to double check is always helps.:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Cryogenix said:
Got a new set of stock tires for MO, and had Nissan do a frontend alignment (which I assume means ALL wheels) to fix the off-center steering wheel.

I would not agree with your assumption. To me 'frontend' is just that, aligning only the front two wheels. To include the backs I request a four wheel alignment.

On a related note I had a four wheel alignment performed a couple of months back after one year of driving. With the exception of one adjustment to the back left wheel, all measuremenst on the other wheels had remained within specs which I thought was remarkable.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
This is sounds weird. May be they forgot to tight something up while doing wheel alignment? Also, I do not think you should have any air in the brake system.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Cryogenix said:
When I got the new tires, I asked for a pressure gauge to check what they were at, because I prefer 36psi, and was told by the tech that he personally inflated them to 36. I checked myself when I got home, since the ride was harsh and there seemed to be little traction, and found they were all at 44psi. Geesh! What's wrong with those guys?!

Anyway, I deflated them to 36 (exactly the way I had the old tires) and it helped the comfort factory, but made little difference handling-wise.
I assumed you checked them after they cooled and did not check them while there were warm/hot.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
get your toe and camber checked out. these are the symptoms i was getting with the 03 and the alignment was completely out of spec. have them realign the front and rears. although i must say that i was getting these problems in the winter on the snow and dry roads so get it checked out before your tires start wearing unevenly. we had to replace that set at 12000km after 1 rotation.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The squirrely handling could be the initial slippery layer on tires that manufacturers use to release it from the rubber mold. It should wear off in 100 miles I would think.

As for the mushy pedal, it could certainly be due to a bad bleed job, but if you also had the pads replaced, it could be the "green" breakin layer on pads that have not been bedded/burnished in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts