Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 2006 Midnight Blue Murano SL FWD. My wife and I think chrome wheels would really look good on this vehicle, but we've never bought aftermarket wheels before.
I don't even understand the basics. If I was to keep the stock tires, what I need to look for in rims (sizes). Any recommendations on brands.

I was also thinking of putting chrome pillars on the car. Pictures on the internet don't look too gaudy, but was wondering if anybody has seen them in person. Thanks.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just a thought, but why not get your stock wheels chromed? That way you will have proper offset and quality wheels.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Well obviously if you want to keep the stock tires, you need to get new rims that are also the stock 18" wide. If you get larger rims, you will also need larger (and very expensive) tires.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
You can go a little wider or narrower, but they will have to stay 18" in diameter.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I recommend tirerack as a good place to start to find wheels. Even if you don't buy from them, you can do a search for wheels to fit your car in whatever diameter you choose (18" if you want to keep your stock tires). If you click on their recommended wheels, they usually provide the wheel measurements (bolt pattern, which will have to be exactly the same as your stock wheels) and offset (which might be a little off from stock, depending on width). They also have some decent FAQ pages on what all the measurements mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts