Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Ho there. I just got my 05 Murano SE, love it from inside out. Just a few questions about this new baby.

Especially in cold mornings, the engine roars pretty loud. No blue smoke seen from exhaust. After its warmed up, noise becomes acceptable, I mean, pretty quiet.

For the wonderful CVT, I edit as following: Whenever I put off gas, the Murano sometimes feels like a dragging back. The feeling is like a shift on standard AT when it's put down gears while driving. And if off gas for a while, speed seems not steady slowing down, it's like slid forward and then drag.....

So, I never drove a CVT vehicle before, are these normal on Murano? Thank you kindly for any input.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
My 07 was always louder before it warmed up a bit - after which it sounded normal.

On the CVT issue - there is a 15 MPH speed limit in my neighborhood, and I never noticed any problem at that speed. 10 KM/hr is awfully slow and I'm not sure whether the feeling you cite matters.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
CVT performance sounds ok. What you are experiencing perhaps is engine drag or engine braking which is normal. Your post does not say how many miles on your car. If you bought it used with many miles on it, it may be a good idea to check the CVT fluid and replace if needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CVT performance sounds ok. What you are experiencing perhaps is engine drag or engine braking which is normal. Your post does not say how many miles on your car. If you bought it used with many miles on it, it may be a good idea to check the CVT fluid and replace if needed.
thanks Zebelkhan, it has 193k km on it. yup, I'll do an oil change and CVT fluid change soon coz I wasn't given any information about its maintenance history.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might want to check the oil. Mine was really loud when it first started up and got a bit quieter when warm. I changed the oil a couple of days after I bought it and only 1 quart of oil came out. I filled it up per the manual and it is night and day in the sound. When its warm, you can hardly tell the engine is even on its so quiet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts