Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned many brands of cars. My new Murano SL is my first Nissan. The day I bought it I also drove a Maxima and a 350Z. All were incredible. The Murano is the best I think when you can only buy one of the three. It handles well and hold lot's. I am really enjoyiong this vehicle.

Any other Murano owners that are first time Nissan owners?

PS I really want a 350Z.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 1st

Hey Gold I also bought a 2003 murano,just 2 weeks ago,I love it,havent had any problems yet! except aftermarket accessories!

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
here here...murano (m)

is my first nissan. In fact, i am not a believer of nissan brand.
Until today to be frank

Mom&Dad drive toyota, honda, acura, bimmer.
I drove honda, bimmer, audi, toyota
Sis drives honda,toyota.
Those are a long line of japanese-euro car, except nissan:eek:

When i want to buy this nissanmurano, dad says think twice!
It is a nissan, he said. Mom saw the picture, and immediately fall in love though..

Despite of many conflicting opinions, i closed my eyes and buy it.
No regrets so far in the 2nd week of ownership ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reviewing my car buying I remembered I owned a Datsun 260Z for about a year. The 260 had some nasty emmisions problems but mine ran pretty well. It has been 15 years and pre-Nissan badging but really my MO is 2nd Nissan.

I just clicked off miles 4500 and change. I am really liking this SUV? Car? Multi-purpose lifestyle/work vehicle?

23 miles per gallon average on every tank. First oil change at 3200 m was free and dealer was super.

To be continued>>>

Gold

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been a VW owner for years. Both the GTI and Beetle. I needed a new car and was considering the Toureg. Got the Nissan because of Japanese dependability. My VW's seem to always have small defects or problems. So far I am happy with the Murano. Need to get GPS/PS2 setup and a roof box for snowboarding trips. Should be a great winter!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
First Nissan.

Quite frankly, I've got some trepidations about the whole thing. I've also been driving VW's for years. I have never had a significant problem with them, and my neighborhood dealer has treated me very well. I've always gotten good prices on the cars, and the service department has been great. I've dealt directly with the Sales Mananger when working out the price, they's shared their delivery manifests with me. My last Jetta, I even looked over the guys shoulder on his computer screen to select the car I wanted based on what was coming in on the boat!

I have four highway Nissan dealers within a 20 minute drive of my house. They all gave me the same nonsense - the salesmen all have the same answers, the sales managers work out of some hallowed place where they're too important to talk directly directly do me, so I have to rely on the sales folks to give the best they can - which isn' much. I'm also concerned about what kind of service I'm going to get, and how difficult it's going to be to get apppointments.

There is an Infiniti dealer nearby owned by the same folks who own the VW dealer. I was tempted to buy an FX35 for thousands more than the Murano just so I can get the level of customer service I've come to expect.

I'm really hoping this Murano will be exciting enough to offset the concerns I have about the quality of Nissan dealers. I looked at the Touareg, but it's got way too much off-road junk bolted onto it which I know I'll never need, it's smaller than the MO, and I'm not going to pay MSRP for anything. Also, the Nav system is lame compared to the Murano, and the affordable engine is too weak to pull all the off-road baggage.

I'm excited about getting the MO (hopefully first week of December), but I don't have high expectations for the dealer experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts