Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else aware there is a new TSB for the Driver's Seat Rocking? (Bulletin # 05-043) I am now on my third seat repair (May 2005) and it is already rocking. I intend to take my MO in for the FOURTH Seat Track Repair now. The new bulletin is dated June 1, 2005. By the way I am not a big person. (178 lbs).
Rich E :9:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Follow this link to see a copy of the TSB you are referring to:
http://www.nissanhelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2005/NTB05-043.htm

It has diagrams and photos covering the entire repair process.

I am 6' 3" and 240 pound. My MO is only two months old and does not exhibit any of the rocking symptons as of yet. When did your problem first appear?

-njjoe

·
Registered
256 Posts
Thanks for the updates. Mine has started rocking again and has developed a chirping squeak. I could probably live with the rocking (Suburban always rocked) but the chirping drives me nuts completely. Plus, they can tighten the seatbelt anchor since it's never been the same since the last time it was "Fixed".

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Driver's Seat

"I am 6' 3" and 240 pound. My MO is only two months old and does not exhibit any of the rocking symptons as of yet. When did your problem first appear?"
The first time I became aware I could do anything about the seat rocking was last year.
It is my understanding from the new TSB that only vehicles built before Feb. 2005 are included.
My repairs were as follows:
First seat track (#1) replaced May 6, 2004 at 9700 miles.
Second seat track (#2) replaced May 26, 2005 at 22800 miles.
Third seat track (#3) is wobbling again at 28400 miles.
Rich E :confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
midnitexpress said:
Thanks for the updates. Mine has started rocking again and has developed a chirping squeak. I could probably live with the rocking (Suburban always rocked) but the chirping drives me nuts completely. Plus, they can tighten the seatbelt anchor since it's never been the same since the last time it was "Fixed".
I had my driver's seat track repaired/replaced/serviced in June under one of the TSB's, it was rocking and squeaking like a bad spring mattress! Well, I've noticed the rocking and squeaking again, but this time... it seems as though its affecting the Seat Position Memory settings... My roommate moved my car out of the driveway the other day and she moved the seat forward.. (she's 5'5" and I'm 6'4") She insists all she did was slide the control forward to move the seat.. When I got to the car, I hit setting #1, and nothing happened.. I was baffled. I then tilted the seatback and the bottom cushions and hit the #1 button.. The tilts returned to my normal setting, but the seat failed to move backwards (in the direction towards the back of the car.. ie: sliding toward the steering wheel or away)... Is this the type of thing this new TSB would deal with? I never had this problem before the TSB service in June.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Newer TSB

Is this the type of thing this new TSB would deal with? I never had this problem before the TSB service in June.. any suggestions?
Check your copy of the repair order and compare if the parts that were used were the same that the new TSB calls for.
They are different from the parts that the earlier bulletin required. Here is the new TSB. Newer TSB
Rich E :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts