Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was broken into about 2 weeks ago.
They took my 2 10" Solobaric L7's along with my audiobahn amp.

So this weekend i decided to get an alarm

I chose the Viper.

Alarm Features:
Remote Start/Stop
Windows Roll Up/Down
Motion Sensory Module
Pager Alert System
I say its well worth the $450 spent!!

My friend that does alarm did everything.
Took about 4 Hours, Perfect Installation, No Difficulties at all!!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Which model viper? Was that price you r the alarm only? Did you have to put a chip from one of your keys in the dash for the immobilizer?

I am looking for a remote starter. I don't care if I have an alarm or not - but maybe I should if the immobilizer is eliminated. How do you like he pager option?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Stinks that no one can get the autostart while having the intelligent key. I love that function, but I guess I love the Intelligent key more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i paid 450 installed, i have to check to see which model it is.
And yes i placed a key in the immobilizer for the remote start to work. i used my valet key, but i'm planning to make a copy of an extra one and replace it.

The pager system is cool, but when it sets off from a car driving by about 3 times a day, gets pretty annoying. i only check the pager alert if i'm out somewhere or if i'm at home in the evenings. but pretty cool function!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
From the look of the remote it's a 791 XV. I have the 771 XV which is the same except my remote uses LEDs instead of the LCD, so it's more durable and cheaper to replace.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Viper VX791

I assume you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer?

You had your friend install the alarm system?

One of the key benefits to the Viper line is that DEI provides lifetime service and support for free including adjusting your sensitivity so that it doesn't false on you three or more times per day if you buy from an authorized dealer and have them install it.

Good luck and make sure you keep some tripple aaa batteries around at all times becuase it's been my experience that the battery power monitor almost always goes from OK to dead WAY too quick.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
atxmatt said:
My car was broken into about 2 weeks ago.
They took my 2 10" Solobaric L7's along with my audiobahn amp.

So this weekend i decided to get an alarm
Where did you park your MO when it got broken into? Your neighbourhood (from the pic) seems like a good one...
What I am afraid of is that this new Viper of yours may not be a good enough deterrent to thieves. I also see that you got the blink2 wheels.... that attaract attentions too. Perhaps, dont drive the MO to questinable neighbourhood? ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got the Code Alarm from CC....with 2 away pager...remote start... and Satellite Command (1 way) module for around $550 installed...No fee for Sat. service !!!:cool:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Re: Viper VX791

dklanecky1 said:
Good luck and make sure you keep some tripple aaa batteries around at all times becuase it's been my experience that the battery power monitor almost always goes from OK to dead WAY too quick.
Ditto that, I keep a bunch in the car now too. I find I get about 3 months per battery.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
TheGymKid said:
Stinks that no one can get the autostart while having the intelligent key. I love that function, but I guess I love the Intelligent key more.
we have the intelligent key and a remote starter hooked up to it. the problem is that they havn't found a way to integrate an aftermarket alarm system with the intelligent key. i'll put some pictures up later today of the car starter remote. it's a 2 way without a screen.

here's a picture.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hang on... you have the remote start and the intelligent key installed? What brand is the remote start? I've talked to serveral people/installers about this and they all told me it can't be done, they aren't compatable together.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
it's made by polar start and it's there best model minus the LCD remote. works perfectly fine with the intelligent key system. i only have the remote programed for starting the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of all, my friend that installed the alarm works for an audio store, and they are authorized dealer, we've been friends for awhile, i'll have warranty/benefits forever.

The sensitivity of the alarm was also adjusted by my friend to my needs.

My car got broken into in front of my g/f's house, which is a GOOD neighborhood, however, when theives are out to get a car, it doesn't matter where you are!!!

True, that an alarm won't keep thieves away, but i feel a little better by having one i guess... Better than factory.

I put the wheels on my car and 2 days after i got the rims, my car got broken into, so yeh, the rims do attract attention to theives, but i don't know, you just have to be cautious i guess. Nothing you can really do when your time comes. =/

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
atxmatt said:
My car got broken into in front of my g/f's house, which is a GOOD neighborhood, however, when theives are out to get a car, it doesn't matter where you are!!!

True, that an alarm won't keep thieves away, but i feel a little better by having one i guess... Better than factory.

I put the wheels on my car and 2 days after i got the rims, my car got broken into, so yeh, the rims do attract attention to theives, but i don't know, you just have to be cautious i guess. Nothing you can really do when your time comes. =/
You are right, nothing can stop a determine professional car thieves.
The viper 2-way alarm, like the one you have, is a good investment. I have it installed in my miata (convertible). It has parameter sensor and everything. Good luck! Hope you scared the thieves a way :9:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts