Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I have had my 2011 Murano SL for about 6 months. Gas mileage has always been between 11-12 MPG. My driving is mostly in heavy traffic at rush hour. When I reset the gas mileage meter, while doing highway driving, I can get 22 MPG.

My Murano has 72,000 miles, but I recently took it to the dealership and they could not not find anything wrong. I am using synthetic oil, new filters, and regular gas as recommended.

I wonder what other drivers in New York or other cities with heavy traffic are getting. I love my Murano, but i just wished I would get at least 15MPG.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I'd say you're right on target. You can't expect anything for gas mileage in stop and go traffic. You could probably get 15-16 if you could get into at least moderate traffic.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I posted years ago that I get around 12-14 mpg in Brooklyn (and had to change my pads at about 16,000 miles which I got a hard time for). On a long run up to MA I get around 25 mpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say you're right on target. You can't expect anything for gas mileage in stop and go traffic. You could probably get 15-16 if you could get into at least moderate traffic.
I will have to face reality and accept that if I wanted good gas mileage, I should not have chosen a Murano. I just drool when I see people getting 20 MPG :D

Hopefully gas stays cheap.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That digital mpg display is not accurate. Do your own math when you fill up. On average my wife gets 14-16 on mostly city miles. On a 6 hour roadtrip we made it to 26 with a full car load and AWD going 70-80mph. Just depends.

You can also have the dealer check your long term fuel trims (aka self learn values) and reset them back to 100% as over time the ECM tends to richen up your fuel mixture to compensate for engine wear or vise versa if you live in higher elevations. Also you can have your cvt engine braking reduced or even disabled using the dealership scan tool which may also aid in a little bit better mpg.

What octane fuel are you using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts