Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the new 6.3 map DVD from Zenrin today and an operating system update DVD. The OS update lists the 2003 Murano but not the '04. Oh well, at least you 2003 owners get some new operating software!

I haven't had a chance to try out the new maps yet, the car still thinks it's at the LAX airport! I'll have to get out and drive a few minutes until it figures out where it's located.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I also received an OS upgrade back in April. I guess they need to patch the 03's up to the '04 patchlevel, but there haven't been any updates since then.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Just a question for you nav owners...

Do you receive free lifetime nav upgrade? or Have to pay like annual fees or something?
Just wondering...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The upgrade costs a not so trivial $185 and they have an upgraded map DVD each year. I think we're getting hosed on the price, but not much you can do about it other than not buy the upgrades.

Regards,
Chuck Lane

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
clane47 said:
The upgrade costs a not so trivial $185 and they have an upgraded map DVD each year. I think we're getting hosed on the price, but not much you can do about it other than not buy the upgrades.
Or buy once every other year...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Has anyone with an 03 used the new version? If so did you see any changes in the features available both for the NAV and and non-NAV parts of the user interface.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This may be a silly question ... Can you upgrade to version 6.3 from 6.1? or will 6.3 only upgrade from 6.2?
My 03 Murano purchased in July 03 has version 6.1 and would like to get the latest update.. Can't find any info on the Zenrin site..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jeff46 said:
Can you upgrade to version 6.3 from 6.1? or will 6.3 only upgrade from 6.2?
I upgraded my 03 Murano from 6.1 to 6.3 without any problem. The main thing, I think, is to be patient while the software updates are being applied. There were a couple of times when I thought the upgrade had completed even though I hadn't seen the final message on the screen, and I was tempted to eject the upgrade CD.....which probably would have been disastrous!

I haven't seen any changes in either the NAV or nonNAV functions. I haven't fully explored all the NAV features, though, since the upgrade, so I'm probably missing what they've upgraded. The upgraded maps do show changes, as new roads have been added, for example, and interstate exit ramp numbers, which were completely redone in Florida, have been updated.

Jeff

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
jpburk said:
The main thing, I think, is to be patient while the software updates are being applied. There were a couple of times when I thought the upgrade had completed even though I hadn't seen the final message on the screen
And quite the opposite for me, I was *too* patient, and was waiting about 8 or 9 minutes (for a 3 minute upgrade) when it turned out that the button to click to get started wasn't exactly clear about that. Finally, after nearly 10 minutes, I just tried clicking the button for the heck of it, and the screen showed "Starting update...."

Once I finally got it started, it went through without a problem. For the 6.2 update, I was able to get rid of an airport near me that had since been replaced by a 1,400-unit 55+ community! I went to the website and told them, "Buehl Field in Langhorne, PA is gone". They did all the research and got the update in.

jp, I need to know if another major change has been recorded yet, if you don't mind - it could save me $185! Could you please browse to Trenton, NJ, zoom in fairly tight (not to 1/16th, maybe 1/2), pan about a mile south of where Route 1 crosses the Delaware River and take a snapshot? There will either be a sharp 90 degree left turn to get on 129 or a long, sweeping highway. If you can put the left turn onto Lalor Street on the left edge of the screen, that should cover the area I'd like to look at for updates. If you can do that, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
How do I see which version I have? Is it only by removing the DVD?

·
Registered
202 Posts
EasternPA said:

jp, I need to know if another major change has been recorded yet, if you don't mind - it could save me $185! Could you please browse to Trenton, NJ, zoom in fairly tight (not to 1/16th, maybe 1/2), pan about a mile south of where Route 1 crosses the Delaware River and take a snapshot? There will either be a sharp 90 degree left turn to get on 129 or a long, sweeping highway. If you can put the left turn onto Lalor Street on the left edge of the screen, that should cover the area I'd like to look at for updates. If you can do that, I'd really appreciate it.
Let's see if this is what you were wanting. I've got a couple other pictures of this area that might give a better view, and I'll upload those next.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
And here's the last pic. If these aren't what you were looking for, let me know.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Centurion said:
How do I see which version I have? Is it only by removing the DVD?
That's the only way I know of to find out the version number.

Jeff

·
Registered
103 Posts
I checked. At least I know that the 2005s come with the latest version (6.3).

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
perfect jp

The second pic shows exactly what I was looking for, jp, thanks! They built a new tunnel there a couple years ago and extended 129 into the tunnel. Looking at a couple of the images, the 2nd in particular, seems to indicate they know about the tunnel now. I was quite aggravated to not see that in my last upgrade.

Thanks again, that's exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Glad to help, EasternPA!

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting about the OS not listing 04 ! I have an 04 and was going to order 6.3 but now I wonder ? I also encountered great difficulty in getting the order thru on the Zerin website so i just quit the process. glad I did until the OS for 04 situation gets solved:eek:

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Anserman said:
Interesting about the OS not listing 04 ! I have an 04 and was going to order 6.3 but now I wonder ? I also encountered great difficulty in getting the order thru on the Zerin website so i just quit the process. glad I did until the OS for 04 situation gets solved:eek:
Don't confuse the map data revision with the "operating system" version (more like "application verison"). We are talking about two different things here. Its like having Windows 2000 but running Office 2000 and then Office XP and now Office 2003. Those of us with '03 Muranos needed to upgrade our version of "Windows" in order to use the latest version of "Office" but the '04s and up are already running the latest version of "Windows" and don't need to upgrade that.

We can all use the newest map data, its just the '03s shipped with an older version of the application. '04 and up you only need the updated map data.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts