Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have been lurking around for sometime and have test driven the Murano.. like it very much. Just getting the wife to decide between the FX35 , Subaru Tribeca and Murano. Wife loves the Murano and most probably will go there.. Any opinions on the other 2 SUVs??
Also if anyone has bought the 2006 SL AWD with touring and stability.. what did you pay??
My company gets the corporate discount as shown here..
For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

* Dealer invoice
* Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
* Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
* Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
* Plus destination and handling charge
* Minus applicable incentives
* Equals paticipant's purchase price

Do you think it is worth it or I can get a better deal without it??

Thanks for helping me decide..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Since your on our board, you're gonna get glowing reviews of the Murano... :2:

That being said, the FX is a different platform that the Murano.. it's RWD biased and doesn't have CVT so it will drive differently. The FX has a few more high end features, like Lane Departure Warning, more HP.. but it also cost alot more, especially with the 2006 price hike...

The Tribeca - either you love the look or hate it. IMO, the rear end is butt-ugly and the front end leaves much to be desired.. it has a nice interiors and safety features, but lack notable options like HID lights, no rear backup camera, and a low torque engine.

Test drive them all.. I say.... go with the Mo :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought it

We bought the Mo for my wife, and had a longer ilst of alternatives. We were actually looking at the Highlander, Rav-4, RX330, Mo, Tribeca, and the Pilot.
Learning from my father, I did all of the research I could, test drove all but the 330, and then read more reviews and comparisons.
After all that, we went with the Mo. I personally don't like the front end of the tribeca (but liked the subaru history). For everything considered, we loved the back-up camera (not that we don't turn around when backing), and the luxurious-ness of the interior.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my Tacoma (toyota), for decided on the Mo for a nice SUV. LOVE IT!!!

As far as the price, don't really know what your deal comes out to, so would have to say go get a price and see how it compares.
I still think I got a good deal. $300 over invoice for an SL Leather w/prem. Which was the invoive price for both the Mo and the options. I did hear about some ppl. getting it for below invoive, so you would need to see what your numbers come out to.

But..
Dealer invoice = ~$27, 412 (this is what I found on KBB.com)

* Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%) = $26,625

* Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, etc.
If dealer price for Leather w/prem = $26,625 +$2,650 = $29,275

* Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted = $29, 275 +731 = $30,006

* Plus destination and handling charge - WOW
* Minus applicable incentives - Don't know if there are any
* Equals paticipant's purchase price

If you look at that one, I did get a good deal.
If they charge you dealer invoice for the package you get it for $29,647 before the destination charge, and incentives.

Your welcome... guess vacation makes me kinda bored!! hehehehe.. like I said before, just go get your $ then check..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased my MO in February. SL AWD Touring - Dynamic Control Package with Mats, Splash Guards, Sunroof Wind Deflector, Cargo Area Protector.
List: $36,330 + 605 Destination
Dealer Invoice: $33,542 (28,278 + 3730 + 651 + 278) + 605 Dest.
My Price: $32,978 (included the $605 destination charge)
I negotiated my own deal, paid cash, and went home with the MO that same day. If I use my same figures and apply your discount formula you should pay $33,394 plus destination (605) for $33,999.

I guess it depends on how much you want to press the dealer, and the demand and price levels they've been able to get for their inventory. Based on what I've seen, I got a good deal, over $1000 under invoice.

06 SL AWD Platinum (Touring, DCP, plus)
added Roof Rails, All Weather Mats, 3M PPF Clear Bra, ZAINO

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
You can look up dealer invoice and msrp prices at Edmunds.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow - how can you get $1000 under invoice?
I thought the dealer hold-back was like $600. So how could they go below that? (unless they are getting additional Nissan incentives or making more off Financing or Trade-in or ??)

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I was looking for 06 SL AWD Touring and VDC pgs and XM couple of weeks ago and the last price was $32888 including everything. I am still thinking....decisions decisions :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
It depend upon where you live.

I just bought my 3/21 and the best I could do was about $800 over invoice
in central and northern alabama. These are not volume markets so they were
just not willing to deal. Even with a price quote from another dealer in hand, I had
one dealer that would not deal. Then I approached 3 other dealers with that
was the car I wanted and could they get it. Then next night the non-dealing dealer
was will to deal, he called me and said, "Can we talk?"... Got him down to my lowest price.

One other factor is that 3/31 is the calendar year end for Nissan. (i've been told)
I bet you will not get as good of a deal as right now. But I could be wrong..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought mine in late February and also got about $600 under invoice. The sticker on my was just a tad over $40,000 and I got it for $35,792. In Tennessee, this amount under invoice seemed to be possible at most dealers, although I didn't try too hard at others as the one I purchased at was the only one who had one equipped exactly like I wanted.

Good luck with your deal. You will love it regardless of what you wind up paying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
dougbradley said:
I thought the dealer hold-back was like $600. So how could they go below that? (unless they are getting additional Nissan incentives or making more off Financing or Trade-in or ??)

It was a rainy, cold Thursday, no one else in the dealership, we worked a deal on my trade and the bottom line was was $1000 under. Just worked until I got what I wanted and they wanted to sell a car that afternoon. Actually it's the best deal I've made on an auto, and the absolute best vehicle I've ever purchased. The MO impresses me every day!! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
You need to visit two GREAT sites.

www.kbb.com

Kelly Blue Book will give you the complete run down on everything including the options. The invoice price, dealers price and what people are paying. (for both the car and options).

Also what KBB has always been known for, the value of your trade-in ... or if you're buying used (like I did) what to expect to pay. I got my 2004 $1000 dollars below the KBB value with a 5 year bumper to bumper warnanty. (Always good to have a pda with internet access when car shopping/buying)

The other site is one every member here knows and I'm sure has bought something from them;

http://www.courtesyparts.com/murano/index.html

Its a site that sells the Nissan extras at a real world price... without the huge dealer markup. (this isn't the only site with parts, just one of many, but I've only bought from this site, and know they'll get you your order in a few days not weeks)

·
Registered
132 Posts
dougbradley said:
When I bought mine, they asked early on in the whole deal making if I was going to be needing financing... I said yes, that I was only going to be putting 5k down... even filled out the loan forms...

and when I got my first bill, I paid off the whole thing. This also helps to get them very low on the price :D

Leaving them think they're going to get you for 48 months at 8%.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What you pay really depends on what market you are in.

I recently got an e-mail from a dealership that I had contacted in February when I wanted to order my Murano. Their best offer was $1000 more than what I ultimately ordered my Mo for.

When I replied to this latest e-mail (from their e-commerce director), this is what I sent:

I have already ordered a Murano through another Nissan store. I contacted Jason back in February, requesting a price quote on a sold vehicle order. He insisted that that his best price was $1000 more than what I ultimately ordered my vehicle for, and his was the highest offer of any Nissan store in the area. He even referred me to Kelly Blue Book to check out the invoice price, even though I work for Edmunds.

I had originally sent him a copy of the pricing from NNAnet.com highlighting the options I wanted. I indicated that since I was ordering this vehicle, and that I would take it as soon as it came in off the truck, I felt that part of the dealer net (holdback) money should be taken into consideration (which I wouldn't normally touch on an in-s tock unit). I stated that I was interested in paying invoice with no dealer fee, leaving nearly a $1400 gross (the difference between dealer invoice and dealer net). As I stated, his best offer was $1000 more than that and the price I ultimately agreed to another store with.

It was unfortunate that we couldn't do business since your location was where I originally rented a Murano for a week from (Enterprise) to see if it was the vehicle I really wanted.

In any event, I don't think it will be necessary for Jason to contact me. Thanks

Here was his responce:

Scott, we hope you enjoy your vehicle when it eventually arrives. I'm happy for you that someone was willing to sell your vehicle that way.

Drive your vehicle in good health and safety. Our service department will be happy to assist you if you need warranty or maintenance work on your Murano.

About your order: the Muranos are so hot now that we simply weren't (and aren't) willing to use our allocation of cars to sell one at what we consider to be an unacceptable profit. We didn't and aren't trying to sell them even close to MSRP, but we are able to sell all we can get for more than you were willing to pay. For example, our allocation of Muranos this month was nearly sixty units and they are GONE.

We're scrambling to get more through dealer trades and purchasing units from dealers up north who don't have the market for them that we have.

Even though yours would have been a sold order, we made a business decision, with all due respect, to pass at the price you offered.
If you were ordering a vehicle which isn't selling as well we may have been more accommodating. We're still friends, though, and perhaps we'll be able to do business in the future.

If I had know you work for Edmunds (Jason should have picked up on that one), we might have recommended Edmunds instead of Kelly (lol). Edmunds is a fine company and, while I was trained when I began Internet Sales on Kelly and initially trained my staff to use them as a reference, we've begun to recommend both companies as a research tool.

Best of luck with your new vehicle.

I just thought this was interesting and he basically said that the Murano is so hot right now that they don't need to discount them.

It is all about supply and demand.

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Like someone said before: It depends how many dealerships in your area and how badly they need a sale. I probably would be able to get the better price (I have 5 Nissans with in 5 miles) than the person for example in Colorado where is 1 Nissan for 100 miles. I guess, at this point it does not matter how ‘hot” the vehicle is…

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Proud Murano 2006 Merlot OWNER

Thanks for all your help... bought it at 11.30 PM lastnight... $500 off the Dealer invoice... I think it was a good deal.. they had some month end bonus tied up.. and were offering 500 below on any car in their lot....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts