Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

Have just registered yesterday and am currently going through selected past posts from the forum. The people from this forum sounds very friendly and provides a lot of useful information. In the mean time, I will be lurking around and try to soak up all the information but hope that eventually I will be able to contribute and share information with others.

MO is coming to Singapore this June and I for one is eagerly awaiting for her arrival. My wife and I just fall in love with the car in last years Singapore Motorshow and kind of decided we will be one of the first to get the car once it is available in Singapore. We have already narrowed down the color to between Platinum or black with black charcoal interior. Although there are parallel importers getting the car in earlier, I am just not comfortable with the non-authorized dealer's warranty. The authorized dealer (one and only one) here won't touch the parallel imported car with a ten foot pole if anything happened to the parallel importers.

I have been reading from Nissan USA website and now I have found this forum. I am sure I will be able to learn more and get all my questions answer before I place my order. I understand the 2005 model that is coming to Singapore is not exactly the same as the one from the States. More like the model directly from Japan similar to the model that Europe will be getting.

Cheers, Chimp

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
If it has a CVT then it is like north american version, if it doesn't, it is like europe's version.

Right folks?

Oh, and welcome!
:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
European version also has CVT with 6 gear manual mode and they added high speed program for D mode

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just one advice for you. When the MO does become available, make sure to get the NAV system. I wish I would have paid the extra $2500 and be doen with it. Other than that I love my MO. Welcome to the MO org.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
teonek said:
European version also has CVT with 6 gear manual mode and they added high speed program for D mode
I have the specs from parallel importer and the engine is DOHC In-line 4 Cylinder with VVT. This is a 2488cc engine instead of the 3500cc engine from the States.

On top of the rear camera monitor, the salesman mentioned this Japanese model has a side camera that is mounted on the passenger side mirror to assist curb side parallel parking.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jiggers said:
Just one advice for you. When the MO does become available, make sure to get the NAV system. I wish I would have paid the extra $2500 and be doen with it. Other than that I love my MO. Welcome to the MO org.
Thanks Jiggers for the advice. Will the 2005 model have the NAV cable pre-wired? If so, it should not be that much trouble to add the NAV system afterwards. The earlier models does not have the pre-wire so it is a hassle to add the system later. Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 2005 should have the option for NAV just like 2004. It comes built in if you decide to get that option. Tha is why I regreted not getting mine. It is hard to find something comparable that has that facotry installed look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there chimp.

I'm also in singapore. When you say the MO is coming in June, you mean from tan chong the distributor? cos its available now via parallel import, the japan domestic model right?

i wonder if they will bring in the nav. My guess is probrably not. :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bugaboo said:
Hi there chimp.

I'm also in singapore. When you say the MO is coming in June, you mean from tan chong the distributor? cos its available now via parallel import, the japan domestic model right?

i wonder if they will bring in the nav. My guess is probrably not. :(
Yes, Tan Chong mentioned in the December Motorshow that the car will be in around June this year. I have been to Hycarz in Turf Club and looked at the parallel imported car. Don't think it will be the same as the one that will be carry by Tan Chong. Nav will be an over-kill in Singapore. Not sure how much it will add to the cost of the car. The initial figure I've got from Tan Chong is around S$130,000 (US$79,500) for the 2.5L. The 3.5L should add another S$10K but I don't think the 3.5L will be popular here.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Put your PIN in the MAP. :D

Welcome. Don

·
Registered
241 Posts
teonek said:
Hi Chimp, yeah finally I am getting one before someone else ;-) Mine is comming in March in the UK....

The UK will only be with CVT (Xtronic it is called overhere), I hope it has got the high-speed program as I will be taking it to Germany and the Isle of Man: no speed limits on selected roads!

In the mean time I am joining you in the wait :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dejongj said:

Hi Chimp, yeah finally I am getting one before someone else ;-) Mine is comming in March in the UK....

The UK will only be with CVT (Xtronic it is called overhere), I hope it has got the high-speed program as I will be taking it to Germany and the Isle of Man: no speed limits on selected roads!

In the mean time I am joining you in the wait :)
Hi dejongj, yeah, autobahn is an awesome place to drive. By looking at the forum, MO seems to be a right choice for me. Of course, there will definitely a bias but from the car problem section, MO seems to be a well designed and well built car.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
For those people who does not know why the price is so high...

Singaporean goverment charges 200+% import tax on all 4-wheel vehicles. Hence, the price of a murano imported into Singapore will be comparable to the price of a 7 series here in US.
This must be because of the scarce land in singapore :p
I work with my company's office in south east asia and frequently visit the country.

Chimpanzee , you must be "loaded" ($$$) hehehe....

Yes, Tan Chong mentioned in the December Motorshow that the car will be in around June this year. I have been to Hycarz in Turf Club and looked at the parallel imported car. Don't think it will be the same as the one that will be carry by Tan Chong. Nav will be an over-kill in Singapore. Not sure how much it will add to the cost of the car. The initial figure I've got from Tan Chong is around S$130,000 (US$79,500) for the 2.5L. The 3.5L should add another S$10K but I don't think the 3.5L will be popular here.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: For those people who does not know why the price is so high...

SugarRushMurano said:
Singaporean goverment charges 200+% import tax on all 4-wheel vehicles. Hence, the price of a murano imported into Singapore will be comparable to the price of a 7 series here in US.
This must be because of the scarce land in singapore :p
I work with my company's office in south east asia and frequently visit the country.

Chimpanzee , you must be "loaded" ($$$) hehehe....

Hi SugarRush, yes, the tax plus this outrageous COE thing. COE is a piece of paper that the government issue to allow car owers to drive the car for 10 years. The price of the COE is determined by bi-monthly bidding so it can go pretty high at times. My current car's COE is at S$31,000 (~US$19,000) alone. Imagine a Camry costs around US$61,000 here with the COE.

No, I am not loaded. I'll be driving the X5 if I am :D (It's around US$160,000) but as dejongj mentioned in one of the other post, car prices in all countries are relative. My company pay out a car allowance (which was not available in other subsidary in another country) that will allow me to buy a car at the Singapore market price.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Chimpanzee.

Welcome, I live in Costa Rica and I represent a Singapore company here in my country, who builds massive microprocesor testing robots. Singapore is a very nice country, well in fact is a FINE city.
So your MO will be right-driven?, all latin american MOs are Automatic Transmission, No CVT.
:2:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mgarciah, Yes, Singapore is a FINE city (both meaning of FINE applies here):D. and yes, we are driving on the "right" side of the road here in Singapore.:D

The 2.5L MO that will be available is a FWD. They will also carry the 3.5L AWD as well. The dealer still does not have full details on the spec of the car yet. Hope to get more info soon.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Please educate me, boy that's a big request, let me slim it down a little, :D

What does it mean? And what is your time difference?

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Chimp, that COE seems excessive good for you the company you work for provides an allowance. The major of London in the UK is trying to bring in a similar thing, he has got a really strong lobby against all 4x4, SUV what ever you want to call them...Here those type of cars are called Chelsea Tractors! Translated in US English it probably works if I call them Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills) Tractors. A lot of people in the UK state they are too big, pollute too much, blah, blah, blah...Obviously I don't agree and think those people are just jealous :p

Regarding tax, in the Netherlands they have something called BMP which is basically a luxury tax and is applied to all cars (you can take public transport, at least that is the governments thinking). This stands at 35% I think (don't live there anymore). And then on top there is 19% sales tax. So the car costs: manufacturers price + 35% + 19% = A lot. And then ongoing quarterly roadtax is calculated based upon the weight of the vehicle. What manufacturers have done is reduce their base-price to make it a little more affordable...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GripperDon said:
Please educate me, boy that's a big request, let me slim it down a little, :D

What does it mean? And what is your time difference?
Hi Gripper, yes indeed it is difficult to explain. Even for a Chinese who can read the characters, these characters will mean nothing unless it is being spoken in Cantonese dialect (Canton which now called Guangdong is a province in the Southern China where Hong Kong is located) in order for it to make any sense.
One really have to understand the Chinese characters in order to know what I was trying to say. The English words "Mo Yum Kung" is just straight translation from the sound of the Chinese characters.

Here is my attempt to explain the meaning: It is sort of an exclamation sentence to sympathize the other's pain or suffering. e.g. a mother will softly wispers to the child "Mo Yum Kung" when attending to her child's injury and feel for the kid. "Mo Yum Kung" is used here as a sympathetic feeling for the MO owners that love their car to the point that the car no longer is an object anymore but becomes part of the family. I hope this help a little/or confuse you further :confused:

As for the time difference, this is much easier. Singapore is GMT+8. Or, put it is a simplier way, we are 13 hours ahead of the east coast of the States which are currently on EST. It will be 12 hours if the States is on day light savings time. I am pretty good at converting this as I work for an American company and do a lot of evening/late night telephone conferencing with the US Headquarters in Maryland.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts