Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been reading on this forum for sometime now and this is my first post. My wife has a 04 SL AWD that has developed the door/window tick,tap,creak or rattle.It happens going over some bumps and when car leans going around curves in road. It is in both doors and is the one that sounds like it is coming from upper part of front door panels near the window. I took Murano in for oil change at dealer and ask the writer did they have a sure fix for the door rattles,hoping he would say yea, we know what it is and will take care of it he said, he didnt know they had door rattles but they would check it out. They called 2 hrs later and said car was ready and that they didnot hear any door rattle and if got worse I needed to hurry and have it fixed cause my warranty was about to run out. I said huh! They said that rattles and noises falls under the adjustment warranty which is 12 month/12000 miles. Is this true??? I thought it had 3 yr 36 mile bumper to bumper. I said welcome to nissan. I have 11,000 miles on car so I dont have much time left. All I saw about the Adjustment Warranty is it covers tire balancing and front end alignment. They ended up riding with me and within one block heard rattle.
My 2 ??s are 1. Is this true about we only have 12,000 miles to get rattles fixed? and 2. Does anyone have a sure fix for this common rattle a lot people have??
I have read all the post about the window rattle but havent seen a SURE FIX, Is there one??
And by they way, thats the only thing that I have to complain about with this car, other than that this has been a great car. No other problems. Send me advice, thanks

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=606

Her she is, see the top posting on the Window Rattle.
Grab a cup of java and start reading. May be 33 or something pages on this. The last 10 or so pages get interesting with various fixes. You will see elaborate and technical stuff and you will see some 30 second fixes from business cards to my fix of shooting lithium grease into the offending area. It still works for me but other reported it as a temp fix only. Good luck and happy reading.:4:

Bob1

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Jim04

Welcome aboard, I used to live in the summers in Blowing Rock. GRIP :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grip, My in-laws use to have a house up in Blowing Rock. Very nice place to escape the summer heat. Main St. Blowing Rock is really neat. Spent honymoon there also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone, is the rattles,sqeaks, ticks only covered under warranty for 12 month/12000 mile or is the dealer trying to pull one on me?
They said it is covered under the adjustment warranty only.

·
4,994 Posts
Jim04

One call and you will know!

Please contact us if you have questions about Nissan, Nissan vehicles, or Nissan dealers. If you need immediate assistance, please call (800) NISSAN-1 or contact your nearest Nissan dealer.

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

GRIP :D

·
Registered
828 Posts
My dealer will cover for 3 years

Jim04 said:
Anyone, is the rattles,sqeaks, ticks only covered under warranty for 12 month/12000 mile or is the dealer trying to pull one on me?
They said it is covered under the adjustment warranty only.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I think that if you report an issue before 12,000 miles AND the dealer makes an attempt to fix it, but fails, then the clock stops relativer to the time running out under warranty.

Just keep going back, or at least calling back immediately, until they fix it. I found the demonstration test drive with the service writer or technician was the best approach in my case.

Mine were fixed completely on the second attempt. I haven't heard a door tick or creak since.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree with dklanecky1 and also call dealer :bsflag: on this being a routine adjustment issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dklanecky1, what was the final fix for your ticks,rattles? I am hoping that the TSB NTB03-109 will take care of my door ticks. Its not really bad, just bothersome. And if it can be fixed then why not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grip, thanks for the info, I didn't think a human would ever answer a phone at NISSAN. I will give it a try.

I guess my dealer is saying my Murano better not ever develop a rattle anywhere after 12,000 miles or I am out of luck.

·
4,994 Posts
I called then and was very pleased, got a reasonably quick pickup and a knowledgeable person who clarified my problem (the Intelligent Key Incident) the gave me a case # and actually called me!!!! can you believe that, maybe 1 in a million but lighting did strike. GRIP :D

·
4,994 Posts
Jim04

"All is quite on the western front" as they said in the movie. Probably not enought miles for anything to show up. GRIP :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Jim04 said:
dklanecky1, what was the final fix for your ticks,rattles? I am hoping that the TSB NTB03-109 will take care of my door ticks. Its not really bad, just bothersome. And if it can be fixed then why not.
I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly what they did because I took a different approach to them on this tick and creak issue.

I just acted very pi$$ed off about the my Murano being the "most expensive Nissan" they'd ever seen at the time it was prepped for delivery having tick and creaks and pops like a freakin Chevrolet.

I made the service writer go with me for a 20 minute test trip (the second time) where he was moving around in the vehicle trying to isolate the noises. He finally came to the conclusion that the noises were coming from the door panels, just like I said.

He said that they applied some insulation inside the doors and mine have been silent since.

It's been my experience that Nissans (the Murano is my third) tend to be much more "vocal" when the tempatures cold, rather than warm, so my dealers remedy was applied last fall and I believe it's really fixed now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got off phone with Nissan USA and they said ticks/rattles are covered for only first 12,000 miles. Only parts are covered for 36000. I guess I will get busy and get my door panel ticks taken care of.

·
4,994 Posts
You may not have liked the answer, but it sounds like it was relatively easy to get one. Is that true? GRIP :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are right Grip, I didnt like the anwser,I dont think its right. But they did anwser the phone,lady put me on hold to go get a answer.

If the right side of the dashboard started hanging down 4 inches at 13000 miles, it would not be covered because it only needs adjustment. That doesnt seen right to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts