Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are you all,
After huge decision making process, i decided to go for the Murano Black color.

I'm in UAE, but i'm Egyptian. it is only offered here in 2 packages, i choose the high package with sunroof.

I'll have it Black with dark brown interior (only available in even dark brown or cafe'au laih)

In UAE 06 model don't have LEDs nor Reverse Camera, nor SAt NAv, but got the display monitor though.

i'm really looking forward to own it. i started to worry about the CVT as i read here that it is problematic.

Anyway, hope it be for the best, this is one of the cars i found people fond off and got best reviews.

BTW it is stated that the engine got 266 Hp. And it is AWD model.

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome

Hi yshimy,

I am new to the board also. I joined only a week ago and am enjoying the discussions on the Murano. It is a superb SUV and I am sure you'll enjoy owning it. The issues with the CVT and other problems are relatively minor considering the number of vehicles in ownwership without problems compared to those with. There is not a vehicle on the road worldwide that does not have problems in one way or another, some more some less but on a percentage basis you'll find the Murano is VERY low. The best thing is not to worry about what might happen but just to go ahead and enjoy your Murano,,the BEST SUV available!! :D

In Australia we too have only two models. The SL and the Ti, the SL being the basic version with cloth seats, no roof rails or sunroof and the Ti having the sunroof, leather seats etc. We only get AWD, HID lighting with washers and like you I reckon our 2006 model is actually the same as a US 2005 model in look and basic features. The MO was released in August 2005 in Australia.

Enjoy your stay here and your Murano!! :2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the reply. now you make me feel good about the decision.

I still didn't recieve my car, i'm still struggling wether to get the black or the copper color, i already posted a poll there.

Yes i think we have the same versions, here also the top model comes with sunroof, leather interior, roof rails, HID.

What is the horspower for your models?? ours is 266 hp vs the US version of 245 hp.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
yshimy said:
What is the horspower for your models?? ours is 266 hp vs the US version of 245 hp.
Yshimy-

Your engine is rated 266 GROSS horsepower. "SAE Gross" measures horsepower at the flywheel without accessory drives, emission controls, alternator or exhaust systems.

The US models are rated 245 NET horsepower. That is the horsepower as measured at the flywheel for a "complete" engine as installed in the MO.

In other words, your MO makes approximately 245 Net horsepower, the same as US MOs.

Sorry to be the one to tell ya'.

-njjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts