Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching found instructions for programming (thank you!!), but I haven't been able to find the answer to this question: My 2005 Murano has a 3 button remote but there are 4 button Nissan remotes on fleaBay with the same ID numbers. The extra button appears to open the "trunk". Will a 4 button remote work on my Murano?

Many thanks. Nice and useful web site. ;)

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bluzrip-

Welcome to the forum.

I honestly do not know the answer to your question. However, I often see the "regular" 3-button Murano keyfobs on eBay. So if you are looking for an extra one, just keeping checking.

I also remember seeing a post somewhere in this forum about an on-line store that sells the keyfob for a decent price. Hopefully another member can post the specifics.

-njjoe

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 4 button remote will absuolutely work. In fact, my wife has an 03 altima with a 4 button remote which I programmed for my MO. Now I have 1 four buttun remote to carry which will lock and unlock both cars. The trunk release has no effect on the MO. Also, in case any one is interested. Because both my 03 MO and 03 Altima will auto relock. I can unlock the MO in the morning (which also unlocks my wifes altima) the altima will relock automatically as long as no doors are openned. So I don't have to worry about leaving my wifes Altima unlocked when I leave. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I picked up one of each (yes, on fleaBay) for cheap. Sure beats the $90+ I was quoted for a new one. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts