Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shocked the Shoot out of me.

Just because I believe in Due Diligence I went down to the local Dealer and threw the Carmax Sheets on his desk and told him if he could beat the Carmax price, I would write the check today. (big bluff. I Didn't even take the check book! Had to go back home for it.)
I knew it was a waste of time since this is the guy who has $2000 "additional Dealer Profit" above the MSSRP on the Muranos.
Well, he didn't laugh.
But when he got back from the sales manager he said
"We will add $350 to the Carmax price which brings it to just over invoice, on any Murano on the lot, except the Pewter, . That one will cost you an additional $500. And we won't discuss it any further."
Rats.
I wanted the Pewter.
But they had a sale.
They are not dumb. They knew it was going to cost me in time and money to go to South Caroline to buy the CArMax deal.

I am sure I will like my new "gold" just fine. :D
Color is a personal prefernce but there is some "function" to be considered too. One guy won't buy a White car becuase he lives in Canada (No, I don't know why anybody would do that) and the car would not be visible 11 months out of the year because of the snow. (Kid me about spilt milk will you? )
I won't buy anything Dark. I mean it's warm down here and the
sun, of course, shines every day.

Like all the Nissan colors, I don't think the Gold is gold, but what
do I know. It's an awfully light gold.
If I got a penny the color of the Copper, I would know it was fake.
If I got a "bordeux" I would wonder what ever happend to that
old fashioned color, Brown.
If my Coffee was like this Cafe Latte, I would say it had way
toooo much cream.
If that is Charcoal, then I burn "blacks" in my grill. LOL!
They had some nice silvers, they had a Light Black
(OK call it Midnite blue, but it isn't satisfactory in South FL.)
And they had a few others that had dark interiors.
Some had the wrong interior, Cloth or Dark.

But anyway, I have the "standard" setup.
SL 2wd
Premium pack
Leather Pack
Sunroof
w/ Floor mats, Splash Guards, and cargo protector.

Seems like that's what "most" people get.
Anyway it's what I wanted and they had 10 or 12 equipped like that.

I still want Chrome wheels, So I will visit the Chrome wheel store
in a couple of days. I May end up ordering the Nissan Chrome wheels. I like 5 spokers. If I end up with non Nissan wheels I will post some Pix. Otherwise check out other Golds. Mine looks the same. :>)

Now to the deal, for those who are interested.
It got a little complicated and they actually sold the car to me cheaper than we had agreed on. They have a Document fee of $489 that caused me to go ballistic. And there is a Florida law that says everybody pays the Doc fee at the same price from any one dealer.
So they backed some more out of the price.

They they offered the 84mo 100K Gold Warranty for $1622.
I declined and we argued that one down to $1300. Had to back some more out of the car.

Anyway, I ended up paying $29,285 for the car, $489 for the doc fee for a total of $29,774. +TTL which is about $50 over the CarMAx price. And then the Extended warranty was $1622 on top of that.

So I bot the car for what I thought was a good price, there really was no arguing. And I don't have to spend upwards of $500 and the associated hassle over 3 or 4 days to buy the car.
I've also got pretty near everything covered for 7 years or 100,000 miles.

I'm a very happy guy.

BTW, I'm 65, wife 61.
This will make a real nice "Old Folks" car. LOLOLOLOLOL!

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Congrats! You'll love it no matter what colour it is....

As a far as the comment about white in Canada, I take offense to that, as it's only winter for 10.5 months, not 11.

(Actually in Toronto, it's winter from mid december to mid march roughly then it flips into a freaking hot humid summer after two weeks of "spring"!)

So now you have to go for a long drive!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats Homer, just a stupid question, what is your monthly payment if you have one? did you put anything down? I am on the market to gat a new Murano and i am seeking for all the info I can get. This forum is great!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It's a good feeling.

I liked the last car, but it didn't excite me like this one.

Jaak, no offense intended. Just a dig back at Rainbowfarm. Rather nice fellow who likes to refer to my favorite interior as "Spilt milk".
Just having some fun.
I know what you mean about the drive. I wuz gonna buy it in South Carolina and drive it back to Florida. Was actually looking forward to it. But then the local dealer threw a curve at me and gave me a great price. Guess we'll go to Tampa (<>150 miles) for lunch tomorrow! :2:

Louveres, I can't help you.
I paid cash.
Withdrew the money from my IRA investment account.
Worst day on wallstreet I've ever had! Down $34,485.65 !

But the best car buying day I've had in many, many years.

Homer

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats Homer Gold was my second chioce afer pewter also, but now I'm real glad that I got the gold:5:

Silver is fastest
Pewter isa good look'en
and
Gold is...Well...OURS!!:cool:

·
4,664 Posts
No offense taken, don't sweat it... I was just teasing back!

I have a pointy head and broad shoulders... Eh! (Translation, Huh!, unless you're from WI in which case it means Eh!)

I hated the white when I first saw it. Then I saw it up close on a sunny day and totally changed my opinion!

As far as the latte color (Marketing freaks picked the name!) I had the same in my Maxima and really liked it. My only concern on the MO was the dash was huge and the reflections might be severe on a sunny day... (Plus I didn't want it to go bad....)

Now I don't think you can get a bad color on or in a Murano...:4:

·
Registered
65 Posts
welcome!

That was a great deal on the car! Very exciting.

I got the same setup but with AWD (I can use that some in Utah).

louveres,
You asked about monthly payments, Costco (BankOne) offered me 3.62% for 36 months, that put us about $718 a month and our car was about 32K plus dealer fees, tax and license bringing it to $34,500. We put 10K down, so this reflects financing about $24,500

The dealer was able to give us 3.9% for 60 months, that was better than BankOne for the same period, and put our payment around $450 ($24,500).

I was surprised the dealer could do that well as the best Credit Union rates locally are about 4.5% for that term. You can find several payment calculators online with a google search, like this one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congratulations, Homer!

The funniest part in all of that was the "light black" (exactly why I like the midnight blue (majestic blue in Canada))... all the joy of blue, without the headaches of black.

Of all the "gold" cars there are around, I found the PF was "very gold", and MO is also very gold. Altima is so green that ... well, they do call it chamois, not gold.

I also hate reflections off the dash, and that is part of my reasoning for the dark interior... hot or not... A/C works. The same cafe latte interior in the PF has been fine. I even kept it clean (that's my big concern about light colours: I'm allergic to them).

The way the silver goes with the black is the other thing that steers me away from any other colour, no matter how nice. I really think they did a great job with the aluminum and black combo (briquette and blue with brushed aluminum).

Mmmm...

Have fun on your trip!

Gold is not common... not too many on the road here, so yours will be distinct!

... and then there's the chrome wheels... saw some this week on some car (black)... really stand out.

·
4,664 Posts
I've yet to see chrome wheels... If I wasn't such a cheap *&#[email protected]#, I'd go get them as well, as I think it looks really sharp on the copper and links in well with the grille... But hey, it's a lease, so I'm not going to throw money at it. In three years, I won't care anymore!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations

From one new owner to another, congratulations on your new MO. I ended up with a Silver/black car after driving all the way to San Jose from Boise and I absolutely love it. The gold is a great color as well; an actual gold color, not some watered down or "champagney" color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts