Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an looking to lease a 2004 Murano and at the NISSANUSA website, I came across a lease offer for 2004 Murano SL- AWD with leather pkg for $529 for 36 months. MSRP is $34,840, capitalized cost is $32,920 and down payment is $1470 (see text below below).

For some reason, I find the $529 payment high for a vehicle costing $32,500. Is this a reasonable lease deal?

Can those of you who have leased recently provide details on your lease deal? I live in northern NJ right outside NYC, if this matters at all.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

*** Copied from NISSANUSA website *** .

"2004 Murano SL AWD with SL Leather Package — 36 MONTHS — $529/MONTH — $1,999/INITIAL PAYMENT

Excludes taxes, title, license and options. $1,999 initial payment required at consummation. (Includes $1,470 consumer down payment, $529 first month payment, $0 security deposit).

2003 Murano SL AWD with SL Leather Package (model #07814) subject to availability to qualified lessees through Infiniti-Nissan LT. MSRP $34,840 includes destination charge. Actual capitalized cost $32,920 includes a $550 non-refundable acquisition fee ($795 non-refundable acquisition fee for residents of New York and Rhode Island). Monthly payments total $19,051.20. At lease end, purchase for $18,273.60, plus $150 purchase option fee (except KS & WI), plus tax, or pay excess wear and tear plus $0.15 per mile for mileage over 12,000 miles per year. Lessee is responsible for maintenance and repairs. See participating Dealer for details. Offer ends 01/05/2004. "

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
Keep dealing with them...Im sure you can get a better price.

I have a 2003 SL 2wd with Leather and Premium pkgs.

When my father and I first started the whole negotiating process, the first numbers they gave, based on $0 down was something ridiculous like $650 per month.

After a few days of letting them stew, I went and Picked up the MO.

$0 down, $450 per month.

Its funny how many times the shiester salesman would call and say something to the effect of "$550 is the lowest they can go" then a few hours later, "I got them to go down to $500"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lease success in NJ

End of August I picked up am '03 SL AWD loaded (excl NAV). Has hitch, sunroof deflector, mud guards, etc. Key to lease is having the ability to walk away. I purcchased my lease from DiFeo in Jersey City. I believe sticker on this car was ~ $37k. I studied lease "math" inside and out and after goingto a handful of dealers to try and get my numbers tight I created a spreadsheet and was able to run a few scenarios regarding changes in price, etc and what it did to the lease.

Result was for about $500 down, I got the car for $445/month. It was a bit of a struggle and lease guy there showed me the loss on the vehicle, net of advertising kick-backs was about $400. I had to drive the car off the lot that night. They also had about 25+ vehicles in inventory but only 1-2 fully loaded.

Good luck. Go at end of month and when the weather gets bad. You should have better luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts