Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. well tommorow we embarck on our next journey with the murano. after 1.5 years of excellent service from this awesome machine, were takin it to the highway again to let it loose and prey on bmws and other such cars.but yeah, the trip is about 2500 km from the praries through the mountains on one of the highest highways in the world and down to the beautiful pacific coast. hopefully all goes well again and myabe try and set a new personal best trip time. aiming for 10 hours. it's time to fly

shift_mercey :22:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, were back. after almost 3000 km the murano is still in one peice. i can't say the same about the front hood deflector. it's lyin on the side of the road about an hour out of vancouver. damn thing flew off on us and left a nasty gash on the hood. gotta go to the dealership to see what they'll do about it since they installed it. but enough baout the bad and on with the good. the murano handle the hills like a demon and passing was a breeze, we only had to use sport mode a couple times. we ate a bmw x5 4.6is and were tailin a bradn new acura tl for about 300 km before we got tired of drivin behind it. to my surpise. these three japanese guys in a rented impala were keepin up with us. i guess they couldn't get enough of the good lookin japanese cars haha. well that's about all. i hope all goes well at the dealership.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
nissanlove..pictures worth a thousand words...

you some pics of the "long journey" to posts/share with us? ;)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would have taken some pictures if our didgi cam wasn't broken. i can take some pics of the bug deflector damage but that's when i get the camera back from the shop.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i promised you guys pictures of the bug deflector damage an here it is

this is the murano sitting pretty in the garage after a thourough detailing.

the deep sratch and dent i tried to fill in with touch up paint to make it not as visiable

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
yikes, that dent does not look good...

Nice mo there though :)

·
5,268 Posts
Re: yikes, that dent does not look good...

SugarRushMurano said:
Nice mo there though :)
I agree.......I especially like the color:D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i'm goin in with it on monday b/c the dealer has to take care of another scratch that they've made on the car. i'm goin straight to the manager with this one. we know him very well and he helped us immediately with our tire issue. so maybe they'll be fixing the hood and repainting it. one question: the people that have the weathertech bug deflector. is it actually screwed into the hood or just wedged like the nissan one?? thank you we'll see what happens on monday.

here's another picture of the scratches left fromt he peice that flew off. nissan paint is extremely thin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the Weathertech deflector, and it is indeed held on by four screws spaced around the hood. I recently completed a trip to So Cal, Arizona and back with nary a problem, save for suicidal bugs leaving their splats on my bumper. :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i just dropped the m-o off at the dealership. gotta wait and see what the verdict is going to be on the hood damage. i'll keep you guys updated

well got the cal;l from the service department and they said they're gonn have to keep the mo till wednesday to repaint the hood. YES another succesful warranty repair issue taken care of by nissan. great stuff.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i'm gettin the mo back today. i told the dealership not to put a bug deflector back on the car unless it's a weathertech one. i'll take pictures of the paint and repair job and post them for you all.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just got back from the dealership. ahhh those guys can't do anything right. there was a scratch on the passenger side front fender and door that they were supposed to wet sand out. they more like dry sanded it. it looks absolutely horrible. the paint is totally burnt. and they were supposed to pain the whole hood. i dunno what they did but it sure as hell wasn't all painted. i dunno but the hood and front of the car had some sort of rough texture on it. not the smoothness that i left the car there with. next thing is the drivers side interior is all smeared up with grease and stuff all over the cloth caffe latte seats and the interior door panel. ohh man. gotta go back tommorow and straighten them out. ohh, the only good thing out of this whole ordeal is that they put ont he new style bug delfector from nissan. this one has idfferent clips that go over the edge of the hood and grip on the other side and there are 2 extra clips ont he sides. very sturdy now

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well just got back from the dealrship .... again... i gotta go back there tommorow b/c there gonna try and airbrush in the sratch on the door and fender in. i dunno why they didn't do the same thing to the door as they did to the hood. they only painted the affected part on the hood and blended it in with the rest on the hood. it looks perfect. well keep you guys updated. this dealership sucks
too bad it's the only infinity dealership in town.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts