Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen any spy shots; concept cars that would fit the bill? I'm wondering how Nissan will improve upon Murano, and when it might come to market.

Under the Azeal concept thread in General Discussions, I thought I saw something there, but nobody got back to me.

Nissan has this tendancy of releasing images of concept cars that are pretty much bang on when they are released (i.e. Tomahawk, etc.).

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Assuming a model cycle of 5 years, I expect an all new Murano in the spring of 2007 as a 2008 model. There may be a minor refresh/reskin for the 2006 model year.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if there are any spy shots they'd be firstly on carspyshots.net .
those guys are always on the look out there

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if this was further discussed, but i searched and didn't find any info.

Anyone know how the 'new' murano will look? the changes (body/interior/engine...)

and is it still due spring 2007 as a 2008 model!?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
With the refresh for 2006, I don't expect a new Murano for another 2-3 years at least.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Tintin said:
you really think that they will not have a total body make-over, next year or the next?
It wouldn't make sense for Nissan to refresh the vehicle and then change it the following year. Given the standard 4-5 yr. cycle of most vehicles, I would expect the earliest next gen Murano to be a 2008 model introduced in the latter half of 2007.

Nissan's model cycles have been longer than Toyota and Honda, which tend to average 4 years. Nissan is pushing on 5 years (current Altima, previous Xterra/Frontier) and this has been a topic of discussion in the industry that Carlos Ghosn's aggressive cost cutting and profit goals have led to stretching existing economies of scale to the point that new models have been delayed. A good example is the previous model Sentra, which was sold for 6 years before the 2007 redesign.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Nissan's typical product cycle is 5 years. I would expect to see a "refreshed" Murano with only minor changes in 2007. My feeling is that it won't be until at least 2008 or even 2009 before a "redesigned" model comes up. Nissan is busy enough with getting the Versa going, redesigning the Quest to stop sales losses and working on entry of the biggest open secret - introduction of the Cube.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The MO only just got released in a few overseas markets like Australia, Singapore, New Zealand and UK in 2005. Therefore, I doubt they will do a completely new model as soon as 2007. I would expect something around 2008. Probably wont be too different to the current model as its still very fresh and hard to improve upon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The MO is still a fresh looking design. Kinda timeless IMO. I think 2008 would be expected for a total redesign, MAYBE.

I just hope the offer a diesel for the next gen. I really want my next car to be diesel powered.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Sgt_Beavis said:
The MO is still a fresh looking design. Kinda timeless IMO. I think 2008 would be expected for a total redesign, MAYBE.

I just hope the offer a diesel for the next gen. I really want my next car to be diesel powered.
It is unlikely that you will see a diesel in the MO with the current CVT.

-njjoe

·
Registered
828 Posts
Why diesel? cost more than gas here in CT anyway. Good low end torque but in a MO?

Sgt_Beavis said:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
A Ethanol, NG or Propane would all be good easy alternatives

All are reduced pollution.

All could be dual fuel.

Noe require the vast diffeences of A diesel, stronger Head, Rods, etc. A DI Diesel would really cost a lot more.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
dmako said:
Why diesel? cost more than gas here in CT anyway. Good low end torque but in a MO?
The diesel engine has three significant advantages over the gasoline engine: Fuel efficiency, durability, and low-speed power (torque). Although diesel fuel may cost more per gallon than gasoline, a diesel engine actually costs less to operate over the long haul.

One-third of all new cars sold in Europe are diesel powered, and that number is climbing. Car manufacturers acknowledge this fact and many offer diesel variants in an attempt to capture as much of the market as possible.

If a diesel were to be offered in the MO it would most likely be limited to the European market. I doubt very much that we will see a diesel MO marketed by NissanUSA.

-njjoe

·
Registered
147 Posts
njjoe said:

The diesel engine has three significant advantages over the gasoline engine: Fuel efficiency, durability, and low-speed power (torque). Although diesel fuel may cost more per gallon than gasoline, a diesel engine actually costs less to operate over the long haul.

One-third of all new cars sold in Europe are diesel powered, and that number is climbing. Car manufacturers acknowledge this fact and many offer diesel variants in an attempt to capture as much of the market as possible.

If a diesel were to be offered in the MO it would most likely be limited to the European market. I doubt very much that we will see a diesel MO marketed by NissanUSA.

-njjoe
What he said :)

Also, in 2007, we start using low sulfur diesel in the US which means our diesels will be alot cleaner. Particulate matter filters will also be available in 2007.

The MO gets decent mileage with the 3.5 and the CVT, but it could do better with a 4 cylinder Common Rail Turbo diesel and still have the torque.

·
4,601 Posts
Diesels are a lot sexier sounding too... NOT!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yeah doesn't look like the next gen Murano - more of a small crossover like CRV or Rav4.

It would be interesting if Nissan calls it the X-trail (which is probably what the pictured vehicle will be in other markets) in the US. A urban runner crossover called "X-Trail" just doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the original x-trail was ment for more off roading capability. this new one pictured looks to urban for the x-trail name plate. but hey, i just want to see this new paint system nissan said they're bringing out on a soon to be released suv.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts