Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just picked up my Murano from a local motorsports shop that built some custom skid plates to protect the engine bay and fuel tank & rear diff areas. I'll have lots of pics and info on the project soon, but the more pressing question is this:

Where should I put these on the Mo; just above the rear wheel arch or higher up on the D pillar? :D

·
4,601 Posts
I'd put them in a scrapbook and go drive it...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaak said:
I'd put them in a scrapbook and go drive it...
Good answer. :2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are no fun! :p

·
Registered
36 Posts
MightyMo said:
You guys are no fun! :p

My GF and I are off on a road trip to New Mexico after Christmas, so cool pics to come in due course...
I'm from northern New Mexico. Where are you going? I can give you some good tips on restaurants in Santa Fe and Albuquerque. I moved to San Diego four years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Have fun on your roadtrip!

Skidplates or not, the MO is not an offroad vehicle, with its limited ground clerance and slip and slide AWD.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I'm shifting plans. I just got laid off (my company is shutting down), so instead of going north up to Sante Fe I'm going to go east to New York via Key West :D .

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Sorry to hear the news MightyMo. Best of luck and have fun on your trip.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Good luck Carl, don't look to hard for that lost shaker of salt.....take ur time.

;)

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Sorry about the job situation and good luck on your trip. Looking forward to all the nice pictures I am sure you will be posting.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
4,601 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Carl... I hope your next job is even better!

Seriously about the sticker, I think slapping them all over an awesome looking vehicle like the Murano, cheapens the look. What I think would be cool, would be a book that details the mods you've made and trips, that you could keep in the passenger door for visitors. The sticker in there could head up a section on that.

I think some stickers, if not too big and done in a subtle manner, add to the true performance nature. Like some text on the side window perhaps....;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aw, I thought the pics showing the Mo all dirty on the trail with the Nismo sticker & skidplates and the like looked good. Yes, more rugged than Nissan's Marketing department ever intended, but good none the less :4: .

·
4,601 Posts
OK, I like the placement of that somehow and never thought of it as a location!

Let's see, if someone could figure out a real 4WD system for the Murano, it could be fun!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The sticker looks good, especially in that terrain. I half expected to see a camel in the background. :2:

-njjoe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts