Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Notably, new SAE ratings drop the Murano's power rating from the old 245/246 to 240/244. Not a huge change. Source: www.nissannews.com

The 2007 Nissan Lineup - Charting the Changes [July 12, 06]

2007 Nissan Murano

The 2007 Nissan Murano crossover sport utility vehicle continues to combine innovative design and multipurpose SUV functionality with sport sedan-like ride and performance. Murano is powered by a 240-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 rated at 244 lb-ft of torque. The engine is mated to Nissan’s advanced Xtronic CVT for smooth, quiet, responsive acceleration and improved gas mileage.

The Nissan Murano was ranked number one in its segment in the J.D. Power and Associates 2006 Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) Study.

Features of the 2007 Murano include:
· Standard Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
· Driver and passenger seatbelt warning lamps

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
No comment about AUX IN?

:(

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats all that was listed on the website.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
240 horsepower? I thought my MO felt less peppy today.

Let's see... 2006 models got standard back-up cam & color monitor, LED tails, and a bunch of chrome. 2007 models get TPMS. That's it?! That's a little disappointing.

-njjoe

·
Registered
184 Posts
i believe that's in addition to the 06 standard...(but i could be wrong).

·
Registered
216 Posts
With sales continuing at record levels, I would imagine Nissan sees little reason to add content to the Murano.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
i was talking to my sales rep at local nissan dealer and he mentioned, that Nissan will continue with minor changes till 2007 and in 2008 they might do major changes in Murano.

(its pretty obvious, after 4 yr life cycle cars get new shapes). but good to know about '07. they should also make memory seating standard. it will help a lot..... right now Mo has everything except memory seating (standard) which is stopping me to buy the new SL model instead of SE which has it all.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
The Nissan-USA website has previews of several 2007 models. However, the Murano is not one of them.

The 2007 Altima offers the CVT as an option. The interesting thing is that this version of the CVT has three modes: Sport, Normal & Economy. I wonder if that will carry over to the MO.

The 2007 Altima also has a touch-screen NAV, Bluetooth, MP3, and push-button ignition (with the Intelligent Key).

I also noticed the 2007 Maxima gets the CVT coupled to a 255 horsepower VQ engine. I wonder if the MO will get a bump in horsepower.

-njjoe

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
njjoe said:
The Nissan-USA website has previews of several 2007 models. However, the Murano is not one of them.

The 2007 Altima offers the CVT as an option. The interesting thing is that this version of the CVT has three modes: Sport, Normal & Economy. I wonder if that will carry over to the MO.

The 2007 Altima also has a touch-screen NAV, Bluetooth, MP3, and push-button ignition (with the Intelligent Key).

I also noticed the 2007 Maxima gets the CVT coupled to a 255 horsepower VQ engine. I wonder if the MO will get a bump in horsepower.

-njjoe
the new Nissan Versa also features CVT and bluetooth, mp3 as standard... it is a sub $20,000 CDN car....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
njjoe said:

-njjoe
While the 2007 Maxima "only" has 255hp, it is a reflection of the new SAE horsepower ratings - the 2006 model made 265hp under the old rating.

The Nissan press release at the top of the thread shows SAE ratings dropped hp from 245 to 240, which again is all relative since it still makes 245 of the old hp, just 240 of the new ones.

Nissan also notes that the 2007 Altima and G35 will have the "next generation 3.5L VQ" engine. I guess the MO will soldier on with the "old generation" one until the redesign. From what I've read, the "next gen VQ" makes a little more power (not easily compared due to new SAE ratings) and has extensive new lighter parts content for enhanced emissions and efficiency.

From what I can infer from the press release, the new gen VQ makes ~10hp (SAE) more than the old one, hence the 2007 Altima's 265hp rating, and the Maxima's 255hp rating.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
WHERE IS THE BLUETOOTH?!?!?!?!

on a side note 350Z is getting a new VQ35HR engine????i wonder what's that's all about.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Ok obviously much got lost in the translation:

The Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. announced that on the 5th, name of the new generation “VQ” engine which this fall is loaded onto the new model 'skyline' of sale schedule was decided.

Name of the new generation VQ engine, in case of 3.5 liters in aerodynamic volume displacement, becomes “VQ35HR”. “High revolution” (High Revolution) and “the accelerator response which is prominent” (High Response) it means HR.

As for the main specification which NISSAN announces:
- New design cylinder block. The rudder frame was added, rigidity was raised substantially.
- Left and right complete symmetrical inhalation and exhalation of air system
- Decreasing the friction worldwide first hydrogen free DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) with coating.
- Setting electromagnetism VTC on exhaust cam side in addition to the oil pressure VTC of air inlet cam side.
- Isometric exhaust manifold

The smooth blowing rising was actualized lightly to 7500rpm with these, you say that class top-level environmental efficiency high output, large torque was compatible.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
well whatever they're saying it sounds like more power and more power makes me very happy :2:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Enforcer said:
Ok obviously much got lost in the translation:

The smooth blowing rising was actualized lightly to 7500rpm with these, you say that class top-level environmental efficiency high output, large torque was compatible.
:confused: -- :8: -- :confused:

That's a good one. I truly have no clue what they are talking about.:2:

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
What I derive from that gobbleygook is........
"maybe" higher RPM, probably about the same power, and almost certainly, lighter components which equals faster throttle reponse.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Enforcer said:
Yeah its pretty senseless I don't have the decoder ring on that one. But this caught my eye big time: - New design cylinder block. The rudder frame was added, rigidity was raised substantially.
That is good news!! I was planning on converting my MO into a sailboat and had no idea where to mount the rudder. Now I can simply attach it to the "rudder frame". I am planning on using the fuel tank shield as the jib and the rear hatch as the mainsail.

Anchor's aweigh!

-njjoe

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sounds like variable timing on the exhaust cam in addition to the intake cam.

Then again, it could mean "All your base are belong to us... For great justice!"

Hard to say.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Here is a pretty interesting paper on DLC usage in HDD's produced by Fujitsu. And that paper was 2001.

DLC Paper

The ion deposition method beats sputtering hands down, this absolutely changed a ton of manufacturing processes.

Not only is it a great friction stopper (or stiction as it is called in magnetic film devices), it has photovoltaic and electron junction capabilities which will surpass superconductor use.

Pretty neat stuff!

Imagine this coating on all the bearing surfaces, cylinder walls, pistons, etc etc. WOW.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, the DLC is good stuff.
Been used on top of the line sportbikes on the male fork tubes for a couple years (and on races bikes and in the aftermarket, for a few more)

It wasn't clear to me WHERE it was being used on the Murano though? New cylinder coating, or elsewhere?

Normal DLC is too brittle for that app. Maybe the low oxy version can handle that. Interesting. I'm curious.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts