Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to order and actually receive any of the accessories that Nissan has listed on the web site for the Murano.

My dealer says they have not received any information on accessories and can't even order them from Nissan yet.

My Murano is now 30 days old and I really need the tow hitch. ( I don't want an afermarket hitch).

Nissan needs to get their act togather and get the accessories in the market plce.

·
4,664 Posts
Saw the wind deflector for the hood and the roof rack, on a showroom model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dubfly said:
i would cut out the middle man and contact corporate/customer service.
I did try this and quess what, they told me to contact my local dealer. I actually tried two different customer service people at Nissan and neither knew anything about accessories.

Guess we will just have to wait untill Nissan is ready.

·
4,664 Posts
Maybe it's just Nissan USA that's slow. I'm in Canada.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to my Nissan dealer today and they are now able to order some accesories from Nissan.

The Class II Receiver Hitch won't be available until late May or early June and the XM radio option is still not available.

Make a post if anybody hears anything different.

·
4,664 Posts
It was suggested that Hidden Hitch can deliver a hitch for the Murano.

Got one for my 2K Maxima when it was brand new. Easy to put on, fits well and reliable. It's a class II, I use it for my bike rack.

I'll be comparing them when I get the Murano. Did that with the Max, and you know my decision then.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
jaak said:
It was suggested that Hidden Hitch can deliver a hitch for the Murano.

Got one for my 2K Maxima when it was brand new. Easy to put on, fits well and reliable. It's a class II, I use it for my bike rack.

I'll be comparing them when I get the Murano. Did that with the Max, and you know my decision then.
I bought a hitch from the dealer (Figuring it would be hard to get for such a new model)

and yes.. it's a hidden hitch. so anyone should be able to get it from other sources..
(I'll see if there is a model number on it..)

·
4,664 Posts
Hey Thanks!

Now I know, not to even bother asking at the Nissan Dealer!!! I'll just go to the same hitch place I got the last one. :D

·
4,664 Posts
Just had a quick look at www.hiddenhitch.com for the Murano.

You can see the installation instructions at
http://www.hiddenhitch.com/images/products/instructions/90073.pdf

The hitch search takes you to
http://www.hiddenhitch.com/Products/DisplayHitch.asp?HitchID=90073

·
Registered
72 Posts
Accessories Ordering

I've tried to order the wind deflector for the sunroof and the bumper strip for the rear bumper. I got the bumper strip but my dealer told me they have no idea when the wind deflectors will be available. Stupid isn't it? :roll:

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, they're a little scattered at times... It'll come in eventually.

·
4,664 Posts
I paid $190 Canadian, which would be about $125 US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've ordered and received some accessories

I ordered the mudflaps, sunroof wind deflector, rear bumper guard, roof rail cross bars, entertainment system, dog divider gate, and cargo protector when I bought my Murano in December. So far I have received the mudflaps, cargo protector, and rear bumper guard. The dealership now says they have no ETA on this other stuff. Initially they told me February.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: I've ordered and received some accessories

here are some links....

http://www.nissan-accessories.com/index.asp

and

http://www.courtesyparts.com/murano

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rear bumper pad

:D I have always had a bumper protector-step pad on past similar vehicles and got one from my dealer the day I purchased my Murano. The parts mngr said he was just getting stuff in from Nissan. Simple to install (2-sided tape) and prevents scratches on the rear bumper. Have had the Murano 8 days and LOVE it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts