1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
113 Posts
I saw this article, too, but there was one line that made me wonder if we would see this integration in the US and Canada in the near future:

Steve Jobs, chief executive officer (CEO) of Apple, at a Tokyo news conference:

"I'm very happy to report that next year, in 2006, over 1 million cars in Japan will be offered either factory-installed or dealer-installed with a way for you to directly connect your IPod right into the stereo system."
I'm hoping that a stereo system upgrade will be part of the changes made to the '06 model Murano.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nissmo said:
All we need is a 3.5mm jack and it would enable my XM2go and all. . This is such a not big deal! What makes IPOD special?
You can control the IPOD from the steering wheels and the radio button. And also, the IPOD song info can be displayed in the bose's lcd (in Murano case: the center lcd where the radio/track info is)

·
Registered
127 Posts
SugarRushMurano said:

You can control the IPOD from the steering wheels and the radio button. And also, the IPOD song info can be displayed in the bose's lcd (in Murano case: the center lcd where the radio/track info is)
Understand, but that is secondary to make it compatable with virtually everything else.

·
4,664 Posts
That's easily done with the Pac adapter.

Radio control integration means you don't have to see it, but you still have the power of the Ipod. Being the most successful product of that type, Ipod compatibility means good support for the product and only one set of software to create.

It's the right solution because it's stable, there's a lot out there and the company that produces them, won't disappear tomorrow.

It also enhances the ability to sell the vehicle, because of the positive image of Apple.

Perhaps Nissan will also finish the RDS implementation and allow the CD changer to play MP3 loaded discs. Something they're way behind on...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts