Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehehehe....

just called my dealer for the status of my alternator and Nissan Canada has ran out of alternators.
and there is no ETA when will they be getting more....

hmmmmm.... i guess they had LOTS of sales for murano in Canada and so much recalll.....

How is the Nissan USA dealing with this problem? are they out of stock as well ???

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
My dealer in state of MD is also out of stock...

And they told me there is no estimate on when the new alternator batches will arrive~.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The alternator on our 2005 Murano quit about a week ago. Our dealer (Kings Nissan) in Brooklyn took it in and we had our car with the new alternator in about a day and a half.

I suppose Nissan NY still has a number of them.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I posted earlier on this possibility.
It is also why I got my car in as soon as was possible.

The problem is logistics.
These are not brand new alternators IMO.
They are "rebuilt".
What I believe is happening is that Nissan has bought an extra few thousand to get started and now they need to get the cores back from the earlier jobs to do the next jobs, etc.

That's why I also said that I thought this whole program would take a while.

I just refuse to believe that Nissan was ever going to buy <>120,000 new alternators or that Hitachi was going to "eat" 120,000 new alternators.

So, cool your heels. :)
My alternator has probably already been rebuilt (With emphasis on putting in something to keep the coil wire from vibrating) and is probably in transit to your dealer.

Homer

·
Registered
470 Posts
iamablindman said:
The alternator on our 2005 Murano quit about a week ago. Our dealer (Kings Nissan) in Brooklyn took it in and we had our car with the new alternator in about a day and a half.

I suppose Nissan NY still has a number of them.
When was your 2005 Murano built? Was it one of the first 2005's with a VIN # below ...4496 built in September 2004?

·
Registered
33 Posts
wow. I hope that Waterloo Nissan didn't scr*w me over when they said that I had the alternator replaced. They seemed suprised when I asked them about the recall. Several things they told me haven't panned out, and the most charitable interpretation I can come up with is they were trying to be 'soothing' rather than 'accurate'.

Incidentally, a 'new to me' o4 se awd - majestic blue - no nav. 18k, and very nice.

Incidentally, thanks to all, as I lurked both here and in the fresh alloy site for a while b4 making my decision.

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm.... Rebuilt alternator or one that's been fine for 31 months...

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Shouldn't be an issue in your mind Jack.

First of all, you know that most electronic things........'It was workin' just fine until it up and quit"....

and now we know that it is a mechanical problem.
The wire flexes back and forth, conducting just fine, until the metal fatigue causes it to separate.
You are not going to get any more notice than anybody else. And if you are in North Tundra (Pop 312) and it is 20 below..........

You ought to get the darn thing done.

Homer

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes Jaak be brave, have it done. Homer is right 'cos it could let go in while you are driving in a blizzard on the 401!!! ...and then you'll be singing the blues.

Mine is going in Thursday evening for Friday. The Service Manager seemed to appreciate the offer to drop the car off the night before so his boys could work on a cold engine.

·
4,601 Posts
Yup, I'm going to get it done. A little bird whispered in my ear and told me, it's not an "if" it will fail, it's a "when" it will fail.

If you're on the recall, get it done and don't forget about it.

I'd really hate to have my Zoooooooom! interrupted!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts