Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!! Nissan Canada's 48,000 Km or 24 Month recommended mtce schedule for a 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is to replace front wheel bearing grease and free-spinning hub grease. As my MO model is SE AWD , would it be considered as "4-wheel drive", and required the above replacements?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would go with the maintenance schedule in the owners manual, not a generic Nissan maintenance schedule they use to cheat customers at the dealerships.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just searched the service and owners manual for "wheel bearing" and found only one reference in the Maintenance section that simply described the procedure to inspect. (Rotate the wheel to check for free movement.)

The dealer's service department is obviously trying to treat the Murano's AWD system as a full time 4WD system (like the Xterra or Pathfinder) and this absolutely doesn't apply to our AWD Muranos.

Insist that the dealer show you where in the owner's manual or service manual that this is specified before you allow them to touch it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replace free-running hub grease. Look under reference 2 on previous page. 4wd versions of Frontier, Xterra.

Replace front wheel bearing grease (4wd only). Look under "Explanation of scheduled maintenance items, page 14, Applies only to Frontier, Pathfinder, Xterra ONLY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts