Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you are using this and just what is good about it. What sort of apps would you use? Does it feed off your phones data plan to get info?

secondly is it based on having XMSerious Radio?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's junk, it does nothing. Google Search is the only thing that works on Android phones. I have no idea what iPhones are capable of on it (Anyone?). No, I don't think the satellite radio is mandatory for it to perform its minimal functions.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have an iphone and I only get google. I refer to this as "Nissan Erect" since we all got boned by the false promotions on how awesome it was going to be. Hopefully there will be an upgrade available to us when Nissan finally decides to just go with Car Play but I doubt it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It does if Nissan would just bring all the usefulness. Over from the cars that it actually works on. Doesn't it fully work on the new Rogue and Maxima?

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

·
Registered
256 Posts
It does if Nissan would just bring all the usefulness. Over from the cars that it actually works on. Doesn't it fully work on the new Rogue and Maxima?

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket
Does not, I also have a 2016 Rogue SV with tech package and it's the same garbage as the Murano.

Nissan/Infiniti needs to revamp the multimedia center of their cars, it's pretty shameful in comparison to Hyundai, Ford, et al.

Another area that Nissan is behind everyone else is the quality of the cameras used for backup and all around view. The resolution is so low grade that I cannot believe there isn't a better choice.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does not, I also have a 2016 Rogue SV with tech package and it's the same garbage as the Murano.

Nissan/Infiniti needs to revamp the multimedia center of their cars, it's pretty shameful in comparison to Hyundai, Ford, et al.

Another area that Nissan is behind everyone else is the quality of the cameras used for backup and all around view. The resolution is so low grade that I cannot believe there isn't a better choice.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I agree the Hyundia tech package is way above the Nissan. I nearly bought my wife a Santa Fe Turbo for that very reason. But she fell in love with the new Murano's when she seen them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree the Hyundia tech package is way above the Nissan. I nearly bought my wife a Santa Fe Turbo for that very reason. But she fell in love with the new Murano's when she seen them.
Once upon a time, Japanese car manufacturers took pride on the level of workmanship, quality and introducing robust technologies with purpose. As I am learning about my 2015 MO SL AWD, I am realizing that those days are gone and I will not dive into "why" as the american consumers appear to accept that reality.

Koreans have observed that and trying to fill the vacuum!

P.M

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree that the cameras are bit lame. Not sure I trust them while backing up, but I guess it takes a little getting used to. I considered a Santa Fe XL, but once I sat in the Murano I knew my mind was made up technology or not.....the most comfortable vehicle I have ever leased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts