Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that Nissan extended the CVT warranty to 200K miles or 10 years (whichever comes first)? A friend of mine on another forum told me that he read somewhere that people were to receive by mail such information...Anyone heard of that? If it is true, is it only in the US or Canada altogether? Will be calling Nissan Canada tomorrow to inquire and report back...

Regards,

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I read 10 years or 200k kilometers, which makes it 120k miles.

A member in another forum claims he has confirmed it with "Sherwood Nissan near Edmonton Alberta". Any Canadian members want to call them up to confirm?

If true my MO will be a keeper for a while longer....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
So it must be in print somewhere.....a PR from Nissan perhaps?
Not even Nissan would miss the opportunity to score some marketing points.

And Before all the Gen 1 guys get too excited........it would make a lot more sense if they were talking only about New cars.

I wonder what form you fill out to get a refund of your Extended warranty premium? :rolleyes:

Homer

·
Registered
151 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I read 10 years or 200k kilometers, which makes it 120k miles.

A member in another forum claims he has confirmed it with "Sherwood Nissan near Edmonton Alberta". Any Canadian members want to call them up to confirm?

If true my MO will be a keeper for a while longer....
Good news mr Z, now we have work on ours MO, call me any time so we can get busy,

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
WOW! That puts a whole new light on my Trading plans......

There has to be more to this story than just Nissan benevolence.........

I can see taking the NEW ones to 10 years/120K.....
But taking my 2003 there?
I have to wonder if the NHTSA has their fingers in this pie......

But, no need looking a gift horse in the mouth!

Homer

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 06 murano with 48k miles on it. does that cover me too? i bought it a month ago used from a nissan dealer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That is why I love this website! I would have never known that. I am going to call my third party warranty company and cancel my extended warranty. I bought it about 15 months ago on a 48 month plan for $1500. I should get back about $900.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
hfelknor said:
There has to be more to this story than just Nissan benevolence.........

I can see taking the NEW ones to 10 years/120K.....
But taking my 2003 there?
I have to wonder if the NHTSA has their fingers in this pie......
Too bad we'll likely never find out the reasoning behind this. But, I agree, why look a gift horse in the mouth.

You could be right about NHTSA involvement. I'll bet they've received a few complaints from people who have been stranded on busy highways when their CVT's failed.

But, more likely, it's forums such as this one we can all thank for this warranty extension. The tiny amount of Murano owners with CVT problems who have been so vocal here (believe me, if I had been similarly unlucky, I would have been here *****ing the same way), no doubt got Nissans attention. How many people do you think have walked into Nissan dealerships while Murano shopping and expressed concern over CVT's based on what they have read on-line?

Anyways. good job Nissan!

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
hfelknor said:
WOW! That puts a whole new light on my Trading plans......
Same here. I guess I can stop looking for a garage-kept 2007 MO with <5,000 miles.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought Nissan would extend the CVT's warranty. Never! This is so much unlike them.

I will now have to seriously rethink my position on trading in the MO next summer.

I understand Nissan intends to reimburse owners who had to reach into their pockets to pay for CVT repairs/replacements, but I wonder what happens to the unfortunate few who scrapped their 2003 MOs with 119,000 miles because they did not want to invest $6,000 into a car with a $6,000 book value. That's a shame.

-njjoe

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keeps getting better. For those that had to pay for that repair and then later sold your MO;

"Q14.I sold my vehicle after replacing the transmission, will you reimburse me?A. Even if you no longer own the vehicle Nissan will reimburse you for past CVT repairs that would have been covered under the extended warranty. However, you will need to submit a completed CVT Warranty Extension Claim Form along with proper documentation."

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
More interesting tidbits from this recent unexpected announcement...

The following is posted in the FAQ section of the new CVT warranty announcement:

In the unlikely event you need a repair beyond the extended warranty period, Nissan is working to change the repair process and reduce the cost of repairs. Also, the MSRP of a replacement CVT has already been reduced.

It will be interesting to see just what Nissan has in store for the CVT repair process.

-njjoe

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
About this Discussion
192 Replies
84 Participants
jameswdj96
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing