Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm going to make this short,we bought our MO in Nov,but before we bought it we asked them if they are going to have a end of the year sale on the MO,They said NO! Guess what they are I seen an ad on the TV just last night! It made me damn mad,I could have had a 2500 cash back or 0.9 APR!!!! Ya the dealers a a bunch of crooks!:3:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I seroiusly doubt Nissan releases this info to the dealers months in advance. Maybe your salesman honestly did not know about it at the time. I can't believe I used honest and salesman in the same sentence.:21:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey, remember to stick car before salesman. ;) I'm a realtor and trust me, there are people who suck, but we are, in general, a good crowd of people.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry, no offence intended, and yes car salesman is what I meant. :runaway:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think dealer know about any upcoming promotions and programs.

one the same subject, my girlfirend purchased a 03 MO and the dealer said we'll get a rental car whenever we bring our car in...... Guess what, NO RENTAL CAR. No rental for warranty work, no rental for services... nothing.

can't believe a $36,000 car with such bad services.... Nissan needs to learn from Lexus, Volkswagen and infiniti.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, eggy, the extended warranty is not that much better in regards to loaners/rentals, either.

The extened warranty limits the daily rate to $35. Ever try to rent a ride for that much.
And it limits the number of days based on the amount of time for the repair "in the book". For example, reprogramming an ECM is stated at 1 hour. That amounts to a two-day rental. Thing is, the ECM went belly-up and Nissan told the dealer that it would be three weeks until the part was shipped. Containerized freight. From Japan. So we're looking at a seven to eight week wait for the replacement part to show up on the East coast.

Extended warranty said that Nissan would only approve a two-day rental. And the dealer said they'd have to get Nissan's approval just to get the two-day rental. Took three days just to get the approval. Nissan pretty well turned their back on the dealer. So the GM at the dealer let me use a service loaner and said I could have it til the MO got fixed. Luckily, one of the old hands in the service dept pulled a few strings and the new part mysteriously showed up the next week.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Car dealers are out to make money, and if they see a customer interested in a car in the present, there is no way they will tell you to come back later for a "better deal." For all they know, you will go test drive a Honda Pilot and they will lose you as a customer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The best way to get better deals is through the Internet fleet department of a dealership.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A story from fantasy land:

buyer - HI I'm Bob Buyer

dealer - Hi I'm Herb

buyer - I'm looking to buy a Murano but I want the absolute best deal.

dealer - Well sure you are Bob, why don't I get the keys to a MO and we'll go for a test drive. I'm sure we can work something out for you.

Buyer - That's great Herb. Can you tell me if Nissan is gonna have any deals on the MO before the end of the year?

dealer - Oh sure they will Bob, they always do. Why don't you just go home and sip coffee. Come back in December when everything is REAL CHEAP and I make as little money as possible.

Eggy is right that the dealers DO NOT know when Nissan is going to have future discounts, rebats, and incentives. The automakers announce those on a monthly basis. Ford for instance announces rebates towards the 1st of the month, each month.

As for rental cars, Eggy, Nissan can't learn from Lexus or Infiniti. Those dealers have a high profit margin per car and the manufacturers can afford to put up loaner cars. VW by the way does not have a loaner car program. If you ever saw one, then it was strictly though the dealership. The MO might be a $35K+ car but that same dealer sells Sentras that are just over 11 grand each. Do they provide a rental car to that owner when they only made 500 to a 1000 bucks on the deal? Maybe that would be the nice thing to do but nice things don't always make for good business.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rocker, the current Nissan TV commercial featuring the $2500. cash back for leftover 2003 Nissans does not include the Murano. However, potential 2003 Murano purchasers with high credit ratings can get 0.9% financing for only 36 month loans. Hope this makes you feel a little bit better. No one is suddenly going to get a Mo' for $2500. less than you and others paid in November.

·
Registered
18 Posts
let me see if I get the right.. It is not bad enought to upset everone who purchased a MO recently with bad info but he, but he goes on and on about the dealer lying.. I recommend revoking post privileges for 3 months..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gee I wonder how dealers get bad names!??? The reason Nissan won't release the incentive info to dealers early, is that these incentives are factory funded, and they would rather not have to pay the incentives. So this way dealers don't "sandbag" deals.

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I saw a Nissan commercial last night featuring the MO and talking about a sales event. No details though.

So they have 2 different ads running.

·
Registered
114 Posts
No matter how hard they try not to advertise MO to preserve the sales of Pathfinder and other Nissan cars, MO will break out and be the best Nissan Vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts