Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I was getting some parts at the Nissan Dealership and thought I would talk to the service department about the recent recalls and to see what they would charge me for a diff and transfer fluid change.

I first ask, how much does it cost for a diff and transfer fluid change.

The first words out of her mouth: "Its very expensive". :eek: I say, really is just a couple of nuts to drain and refill. Then she says I don't know we haven't done any yet" and proceeded to ask a mechanic???? "How much is a transmission fluid change for a Murano?"

I correct her and remind her I"m asking about a diff and transfer fluid change... not a transmission fluid change.

Turns out she doens't know, wasn't even sure if it used transmission fluid or what type of fluid. I "should call back in the morning"

What the :cursin:, first off can't these dealerships learn their cars!!!! Why whould she think transmission fluid goes in the transfer and diff and :cursin: shouldn't she call me back with an answer!?!?!?! She further topped her self when she said "your car doesn't really have a diff, it does but it doesn't". What???? Amazing... just amazing. Where do they find these "service" people.

The other thing that concerened me is from the sound of it they haven't done any tranny fluid changes yet... good thing I'm not going to be the first probably not the next.... or the last.

I'll stop now. :soapbox:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Hey Gonzo-

Look on the bright side. These people chose to work in the auto service industry. They just as well could have chosen the medical field.

-njjoe

·
42 Posts
njjoe said:
Hey Gonzo-

Look on the bright side. These people chose to work in the auto service industry. They just as well could have chosen the medical field.

-njjoe
From my recent experiences at the hospital, it looks like some of them HAVE chosen the medical field.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts