Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, they dropped the Pathfinder part of the name, anyway.:p

Seems like a good idea to me.

Trying to tie the Pathfinder name to Armada wasn't a bad idea......except for the fact that they fully intend to have a Pathfinder too.
Based on that, it was Lame.
This makes the lineup more clear.
Pathfinder is now the official mid sized SUV and Armada is the BIG SUV.

Homer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Definitely the ideal thing to do. Way to go Nissan! I can't believe the turnaround Nissan has done over the past decade.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
One wonders whether the original decision to name it Pathfinder Armada was because the continuation of just "Pathfinder" was in doubt. It might have been like how the Altima was originally named Stanza-Altima, then Nissan decided to just call it Altima. Its also cheaper for car companies to use an existing name than to register an entirely new name, I believe that was the story behind the "Stanza-Altima" story.

In either case, I am happy the new Pathfinder is coming out. I hope it is competitive with the 4Runner and doesn't get dinged for Nissan's current trend of cost cutting vehicle interiors.

·
5,268 Posts
ye, it sounds like a logical step.........Pathfinder is what it is - a good, mid-size SUV. Let's Armada be Armada:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the plan was always to drop the Pathfinder from the Armada after the first year.

As Pathfinder had a lot of brand awareness as a quality SUV from Nissan, it was used during the introductory period to help build the Armada brand.

Just one of those marketing decisions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts