Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know how easy it would be to install the Nissan DVD player into a non-NAV 03 SL Murano?

Nissan DVD

$1500 is crazy but the integration with the Bose system is nice.

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
The integration with the Bose system sucks....It uses an FM modulator unlike the fx35's which has an actual button on the dash for the rear dvd audio.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh no kidding so you tune to an FM station? That would stink.

·
444 Posts
yep....I'm eventually going to hook it up to a PAC AAI so that it runs dirctly through the bose system.

I'm just waiting on my NAVTV to wire everything up while the radio is removed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
BOX - mine came with the Murano as a factory installed option. Unlike the Nav, I know that it can be done by the dealer (no surprise to you, I'm sure). I may have the install instruction if they are in the owner's manual that came with the DVD unit. I'll check tonight. In the meantime, I'd add that the use of an FM modulator for the DVD player doesn't seem to be an issue for me. It works well. The unit also came with a set of wireless headphones as well.

·
444 Posts
Jim C said:
BOX - mine came with the Murano as a factory installed option. Unlike the Nav, I know that it can be done by the dealer (no surprise to you, I'm sure). I may have the install instruction if they are in the owner's manual that came with the DVD unit. I'll check tonight. In the meantime, I'd add that the use of an FM modulator for the DVD player doesn't seem to be an issue for me. It works well. The unit also came with a set of wireless headphones as well.
yours came with 2 headphones?? my dealer told me they only come with 1....

·
Registered
564 Posts
No no, just ONE set - as in one unit. Your dealer was not bs'ing you. Nissan cheaps out and only gives you one. I also checked the owner's manual that came with mine - no installation instructions. Sorry.

·
444 Posts
Jim C said:
BOX - mine came with the Murano as a factory installed option. Unlike the Nav, I know that it can be done by the dealer (no surprise to you, I'm sure). I may have the install instruction if they are in the owner's manual that came with the DVD unit. I'll check tonight. In the meantime, I'd add that the use of an FM modulator for the DVD player doesn't seem to be an issue for me. It works well. The unit also came with a set of wireless headphones as well

By "headphones*" I thought you meant a pair......I can't believe tghey only included one ....For 1500 you think they'ed include 2!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
b0xdesigns said:

By "headphones*" I thought you meant a pair......I can't believe tghey only included one ....For 1500 you think they'ed include 2!

Welcome to the world of Nissan where cost cutting is company's guidelines in their Total Quality Management manual :2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts