Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is teh Nissan DVD player and screen a factory option or can it be added later? Also - can anyone recommend a good after market DVD player? Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
According to everything I've read and heard thus far, the DVD player is an aftermarket part. It is a genuine Nissan part, just installed after the vehicle is manufactured. Usually the install is done by your dealer.

I could be wrong, but the DVD player is in the little brochure covering ALL aftermarket Nissan parts, like the rear bumper protector, front push bar, roof rails, first aid kits, etc...

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same. Gave up waiting and decided to by a portable DVD player with a 7" wide-screen. Also purchased a carry bag for it. The bag can be converted so that it can hang behind the front seats. This way the kids can bring indoors, go between cars, on the plane, etc.... Paid $359 CDN ($271 US) at Costco.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any one have a price on the factory DVD player? Where does it mount when you have a nav system?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know from the pictures I've seen, the screen mounts on top and at the back of your armrest. As for the player, my guess is inside your armrest console.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Anybody have a price on DVD system?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know the delaer cost on the DVD unit?

·
Registered
110 Posts
V 01 Mobile Entertainment System

invoice $1361.00 (USD)

retail $1720.00 (USD)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Does anybody know how the factory DVD system integrates with the radio? Is it an FM modulated system or a serial type connection to the back of the radio?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And this is a dealer installed option correct? It can be added after the fact?

Does anyone out there have one and care to comments on it? Like where is the DVD player?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts