Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty happy with my Murano and decided it is a car I am going to keep for a while. When I first purchased the car they tried to sell me the extended warranty. Since I usually lease my cars I never really considered the extended plan. The Murano is a purchase and now I am seriously considering protecting my investment. I continually see different prices posted for the GOLD and SILVER package and they are definately higher than what I was offerered (car price was lower than posts Ive seen though; go figure!!) I would like to know, from forum members, who paid the lowest for their protection and also do you think it is possible for me to purchase this coverage from a dealer other than my own? (possibly over the phone via credit card) Are there any deductables with these various plans?

·
Registered
32 Posts
generator said:
I am pretty happy with my Murano and decided it is a car I am going to keep for a while. When I first purchased the car they tried to sell me the extended warranty. Since I usually lease my cars I never really considered the extended plan. The Murano is a purchase and now I am seriously considering protecting my investment. I continually see different prices posted for the GOLD and SILVER package and they are definately higher than what I was offerered (car price was lower than posts Ive seen though; go figure!!) I would like to know, from forum members, who paid the lowest for their protection and also do you think it is possible for me to purchase this coverage from a dealer other than my own? (possibly over the phone via credit card) Are there any deductables with these various plans?
When I bought my '04 MO 2 weeks ago, the dealer offered me the 5 yr/100k gold plan for $2089. I told him no, and he pulled out what was supposedly their book of costs for various items. The listed costs for the splash guards and such were the same as the Nissan invoice costs for those, so I think this was a fairly valid source. The cost listed was $933, and I walked out with the gold service plan at $1033.

-marius

·
Registered
419 Posts
Marius...Awesome deal you got....Can't say the say for me...Did you get the GOLD PREFERRED? Anyrate....I paid $1133 for the Gold Preferred 5/75K.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
milgrad said:
Marius...Awesome deal you got....Can't say the say for me...Did you get the GOLD PREFERRED? Anyrate....I paid $1133 for the Gold Preferred 5/75K.....
I'm pretty sure it was gold preferred, but I'd have to check back on the paperwork I got when I picked up the car to be sure.

I asked the finance guy how many people jumped at the $2k figure right off the bat, and he said between 30 and 40%.

Scary.

-marius

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
I would need to check my lease documents, but on the inside of my Gold preffered handbook it says "purchase price: $300"
Its good for 49,000 miles or until 2/12/2007

Is this right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
malaycobra said:
I would need to check my lease documents, but on the inside of my Gold preffered handbook it says "purchase price: $300"
Its good for 49,000 miles or until 2/12/2007

Is this right?
That seems really inexpensive. I'd be jealous if it is correct.

-marius

·
British Cat Juggler
147 Posts
Yep, just checked the lease papers, 300 bucks....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
49.000 miles?

Hmmmmmnnnnnnn.

Good price?
I don't know.
I've never bought a 13,000 mile warranty before.

The following is from memory, so.........

And that's on the little stuff.
The little stuff comes with a 3 year 36,000 warranty.

The big stuff warranty (Drivetrain) has a 5 yr 60,000 mile warranty standard.

Very difficult to figure out whether an EW is a good deal or not.

Homer

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've always been told that the Nissan extended warranty is a normal parts item and can be purchased at any dealer.

If you really want to buy one, send out a fax letter to the different dealerships and ask them to make you an offer of how much over invoice they'll sell it to you. (There's another thread going now that describes this process.)

I believe the existence of the warranty is stored in the service departments (all Nissan dealers?) computers and should be useable anywhere you happen to be when you need it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought my car at a dealership in Frederick Md. The clincher for me is that they offered a lifetime powertrain warranty for free as long as I get all of my service work done at the dealership which I had planned to do anyway. Has anyone else had any experience with this program? It is called Auto for Life.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Service Plan is a different animal than the Extended Warranty.

The Service Plan (e.g. Preferred Gold Service Plan) is a pre-paid service plan. All regularly scheduled service for the vehicle is pre-paid for the mileage or time period of the contract.

As far as I know, the service plans do not extend the standard warranty period.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, you can transfer the warranty. Depending on the plan there might be a minimal fee.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
I took the extended warranty

and for all the news at once, they are putting hardware cloth behind the grille, in front of the radiator. It is diamond-shaped 1/8 x 1/4, much like Enforcer described. Made for racing cars.

They are replacing the bug deflector and repainting several damaged areas.

Winter tires are going on, first oil change, and some fine tuning (cell phone door jams shut).

Still love my MO. I have been in renovation hell since September.

Getting over it now (painting, decorating).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts