Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owners of the 2003 Nissan 350Z were a little miffed when their front-end alignments began causing irregular tire wear that led to extremely loud road noise. Nissan responded by extending the vehicle’s warranty concerning front-end alignments and monitoring the 2004 vehicles that were just then leaving the lots. As it turned out, correcting the alignment didn’t fully resolve the issue and Nissan stepped up to additionally equip these vehicles with new tires that featured a different tread pattern more resistant to this “heel-toe” wear. The company has now announced that it will extend this special warranty relating to front-end alignment on all 2003 and 2004 350Z models for up to 36 months from the in-service date or October 31st of this year, whichever is later. The extension is to ensure that the issue does not reoccur after the initial in-service repair. Kudos to Nissan for admitting a mistake that didn’t even necessitate a recall and fixing it.

SOURCE

·
Registered
842 Posts
That type of warranty coverage separates N.A. built cars from Japanese built cars. The world wonder why they are getting more market share.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
From my350z.com forum...

Stoker said:
That type of warranty coverage separates N.A. built cars from Japanese built cars. The world wonder why they are getting more market share.
From reading the my350z.com forum, the tire feathering issue is due to the 'design flaw' in the front suspension of 03 - 04 Z, and perhaps 05 Z. So, extending the warranty on the allignment and replacing it with new tires only fix the symptoms and not the cause of the problem.

The 06 Z, from rumors, will have the redesign front suspension.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I traded in my 03 350Z touring for my Mo about a month ago and just got the letter last week stating that they were extending the warranty on the tires to like Oct or 36000 miles.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Why the trade in?

silverf4i said:
I traded in my 03 350Z touring for my Mo about a month ago and just got the letter last week stating that they were extending the warranty on the tires to like Oct or 36000 miles.
May I know why you trade in the 03 Z? Practically reason? Need more hauling capacity? Or because of 'annoying problems' in 03 Z?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Why the trade in?

SugarRushMurano said:

May I know why you trade in the 03 Z? Practically reason? Need more hauling capacity? Or because of 'annoying problems' in 03 Z?
We had our first child in April, so it limited the use of the Z, so practicality was the man reason. I never drove it in the winter once it snowed, basically only during fall and spring when it was too cold to ride my motorcycle. And after the baby came we weren't taking it on trips anymore either, so it was time to let it go.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I traded in my 04 350Z for the suspension flaw and the transmission flaw (I was on my third tranny in 15k miles) and got an S2000.

My opinion of this extension is that its a band-aid fix designed to pacify the hordes of Z owners starting to get really angry and yell/sue/trade in their Zs. But what happens when the Z has 50k miles on it? Z owners are going to have to be shelling out thousands of dollars a year in new tires and alignments.

... not to mention transmissions *shudder*

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While Nissan makes some great looking cars I'm concerned that the quality has suffered in an attempt to get back into the arrena.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Gonzo said:
While Nissan makes some great looking cars I'm concerned that the quality has suffered in an attempt to get back into the arrena.
I dont expect the same issues with the MO. Oh Lord PLEASE dont let us have the same issues with the MO.

I was lucky as heck to get out of the Z as easily as I did... but I know my wife would be itching for a Tribeca, and no way would I be able to keep payments the same.

But so far the MO has been good to us.

I agree though, Nissan has some fine looking vehicles, thats why I bought two new ones in less than a year!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts