Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case no one caught the Apple announcements today:

http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/01/11/keynote/index.php

"Mercedes Benz, Nissan, Volvo and Scion will be introducing iPod adapters for their factory-installed auto stereos in 2005. Alfa Romeo and Ferrari will be doing so as well. Mercedes is an exhibitor at this year's show, and is showing its SLK and CLS models with iPod controls."

Now we just have to wait and see if the adaptor is going to be backwords compatible for 03 and 04 MOs.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
How about for 05's too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GripperDon said:
How about for 05's too.
I sort of assumed that the 05's would be the model they release the adaptor for first. Then again there I go being optimistic in the release date for this.

Anyone want to start a pool on when this actually sees daylight?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Isn't the head unit the same for all the model years 03-05? If it works on an 05, I would think it would work on an 03 or an 04, unless there are differences that I'm not aware of.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Only thing I know of is the 04 & 05 have the SAT cable to the rear and the 05 is prewired for the entertainment system (not that that means anything)

·
4,601 Posts
special-k said:
Isn't the head unit the same for all the model years 03-05?
Yes

·
Registered
33 Posts
so much for the ipod adapter, does it exist yet? I have an S model with convenience pack, has there been a plug and play adapter released ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts