Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 538 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan
Nissan iPod integration solutions available later this year.
Why do I have the feeling that they're going to make me trade in my 2003 MO for a 2006 with seemless iPod integration? (I know, I know, wishful thinking..)

Anyone heard anything about this past what's on apple's site?

it's listed under
iPod + iTunes/iPod/Accessories
on their site..

·
4,601 Posts
Well, there's no reason someone couldn't do it....

We know the commands for the Murano, we know the commands for the iPod...

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0026607/ipod_remote/ipod_ap_new.html

I think this is going to be significant enough that it should be sticky'd.

It's possible for the radio controls and steering wheel controls to control an iPod, as well as have the iPod report back on the integrated display, song, artist and track time information.

The bits are all there, they just need to be assembled.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This same topic was actually brought up back in Jan when the first announcement came out of MacWorld
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3591

If it's anything like the BMW integration that they have now, there will be a single connector that provides power to the iPod as well as providing track information on the screen and (hopefully) control of the iPod from the steering wheel. Again, this all assumes that Nissan version works like the BMW version did/does. If we're lucky we'll get a nice interface. I would assume that since this is an official project with Apple that there will be some pretty decent requirements as far as quality is concerned. Apple is fairly protective of their brand.

I'm guessing we might see this sometime this summer although no one at Nissan has been able to give me information on it yet.

·
4,601 Posts
Hmmm... Hillsboro OR. You don't work at Tektronix, do you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
jaak said:
Hmmm... Hillsboro OR. You don't work at Tektronix, do you?
Nope, Tek is mostly out in Beaverton these days anyway. I'm "more or less" working at Intel these days. While they don't sign my checks, I'm still forced to camp out there all day and play by their rules...
:rolleyes:

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh... Done anything with PCI Express Gen2 yet? Things are heating up here in Toronto...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Any RECENT news ref. iPod yet?

·
4,601 Posts
Not yet, but there are companies that have the know how to do it. So we just have to hope that 1) They think the market is big enough to make it worthwhile to do a Nissan specific product and 2) They're working on it!

PAC Audio has the knowledge to do it... Doesn't hurt to ask them, as the more people that ask, the more they'll think there's a market.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That is a great idea Jaak. I have been looking into the NEO. When you try to go to the website to order for the MO it says not available. But if you register they will work on it. The more people that sign up the more we can probably push these guys to making one for MO and maybe even get a discount. If we can get enough people from the group to sign in and request. What do you think? Can we get the group to do so? It's pricier than the PAC but it looks like a cleaner install and works with the steering wheel controls and puts the data on the radio.

Maybe you guys already did this? If you did sorry for coming to the party late. :)

Here is the link.

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/notavailable.asp?txtQuantity=1&productID=383

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just did and reminded them of the Mo's introduction to Europe this year!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do you think you should post this in Group Buys or Acssesories or General?

·
4,601 Posts
The best way to do it, is a thread that is very clear in it's title, that links to register for this.

I've put my name on it as well and checked off the satellite radio box.

You can creat the thread, or I'll do it, I'm not picky. But make sure it's clear what it is in the title. I can also link from the general section, plus I'd suggest doing the same on FA, MP3car, XM and Sirius forums, etc...

Also go to other forums for Nissan products and Infiniti products. They all work the same way, more or less...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Whats the latest on iPod integration? Over in Japn the dealers know nothing about it. I am hoping that I can get my late model iPod in the car somehow. I passed over getting the changer to keep the slot open for an intgration package.
I just ordered my '05 Murano and should be taking delivery at the end of the month. By what I have seen there are many fit differences between what you all have in the states and the car here. Mine has extra cameras (auto backup, side and nose) and a very integrated navi with auto-updated traffic maps showing traffic problems including broken down cars that may delay traffic.
If you have any questions on the differences or owning a car in Japan then let me know.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ferio

Seems Like the Home town model is getting all the goodies!!! Cell Phone Integration in the Nav, Front and Side View Cameras. Sounds Pretty Good!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
And the nav integration is voice activated, in Japanese, but really cool. The front cameras are mounted on either fender. Push a button and you can see both directions on a split screen on nav which is very handy for the tight streets here. All total I have 4 cameras on the vehicle.
Phone is a single cable. Snap it onto phone and thats it. Powers/recharges phone. The antenna on car is used for broadcast/receive. The phonebook in my phone is downloaded whenever I want to update the navi. A voice command does the dialing. Incoming calls automatically mute the stereo and display on the navi who is calling, number and call duration.
I also have a 100V/100W outlet on the dash to power my PSP, iPod or PC.
The navi is tied into the national traffic control system. I can see a traffic jam about 10-20 klicks before it happens and get an alternate route. BTW, this works for both the highway and local/city streets. In addition I can simply type in a phone number and have a route set to any destination in Japan - including the other islands. I can also lookup by type of destination or push a button and talk to a real operator who can download route info to navi via phone.
Service here is amazing. The salesman came to my office to do the paperwork and will deliver the vehicle when it arrives.
I will post pics when I take delivery.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thats Amazing

Seems like Japan really has it's stuff together in regard to Integration of just about any electronic's you can think of. It's a shame they don't have the iPod integrated yet. I think if they sold the Murano over here the way it is configured for the Japan market it would be about 45-50K and would definitely cut into their Infiniti market.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I agree! Except for the Zoom Zoom Zoom size, their Z50/Murano, sounds like an Infiniti over here. Ferio, keep us updated and please send pics at first opp.

1 - 20 of 538 Posts