Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a third party laptop diagnostic tool developed to monitor/modify Nissan vehicle diagnostics? I had a software package called VAGCOM for my VW Golf that allowed me to decode check engine lights, make programming changes (Like how the unlock features work), and reset check engine lights. I would love to have something similar for the Murano. An OBD-II based tool will do most of the job, but the VAGCOM could do so much that OBD-II could not.

Does anyone know if Nissan sticks to strict OBD-II, or do they do their own deal like VW did, that is also compatible with OBD-II? VAGCOM would not monitor my Mazda, but could tell that it was OBD-II compliant (VAGCOM was not an OBD-II scan package and other packages couldn't reuse the cable). Also does anyone know where the OBD-II port is in the Murano?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
It's been a long time but did research this a little back when I got my Z. This site offered hardware solutions to hooking up to the ISO port. This site has a palm handheld device. This site had a wealth of info and software. Unfortunately I haven't found a SW package that encapsulates the Nissan specific codes.

As I understand it...law requires all vehicles sold in the US since 1996 to support OBD2 and further requires it to provide diagnostics of emissions. However, the law doesn't say anything about non-emission diagnostics. So I think you'll find that all manufacturers have specific codes. I think there are also model specific codes. For instance the CVT codes for the MO.

I haven't looked for the port yet, but I'll bet it's under the dash on the drivers side someplace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts